The Student Room Group

Worst retail experiences?

As the title says…give us some of your embarrassing stories to make us all feel better. Or anything crazy. funny or scary :P
I've currently only worked in retail once through work experience at pets at home. I was sworn at due to there being no feeder insects in stock. Jokes on him though as they came in that afternoon after he had left
Back when i worked at mcdonalds, we once had a customer threaten to throw his bacon and egg mcmuffin through the window selotaped to a brick if it was burnt because he had apparently had a burnt one in the past.
He never did actually carry out the threat.
When I worked at Boots during COVID, my manager asked me to go outside to manage the queue, because there was a limit to how many people could be in the shop at one time, I believe the limit was 75. The customers got very angry about the queuing and would swear at me and other members of staff before walking off, and saying other absurd things.
I have a couple:
- Domestic assistant at NHS hospital - A patient lying in bed kept throwing his rubbish on the floor as I was sweeping/mopping it. Kept saying how I should be grateful as he was providing me with work.
- McDonalds at tills, night shift. Teenage customers decided it was fun to start throwing their burgers at me. Little did they know I was very good at dodgeball, so they missed every single one of them. :cool:
- McDonalds again, day shift, drive through window. The lady asked to replace her fries as they were cold. Ok no worries madam, here's a new set of 5 fresh made fries. I could feel how hot they were through the bag. She takes the bag, opens it, shoves her arm inside to feel the fries, then starts shouting how the fries are still cold. Then starts throwing the bag's contents at me. Luckily the window we had a very small drivethrough window so she misses and some fries ended up bouncing back into her car. She then revs the engine and shoots off.
- McD, drivethrough once again. Absolutely no clue what was wrong, but the lady comes around takes her drinks, in a moment decides to through them back at me. I dodged, some of the drink gets inside, some splashes back at her. She then drives away shouting. :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending