The Student Room Group

online / distance learning providers

Has anybody good/bad experience of online A level learning they could share please? My son hopes to embark on a fast-track A level (just the one) and it's a bit of crowded market out there. Open Study College seems to be the best - if only because they sit you through the exam and arrange the fieldwork he has to do (it's environment science). But any advice on what to look for etc would be hugely welcome. Thank you.
Hi, I did the business A level with https://myonlineschooling.co.uk based in Scotland but all on zoom, the teachers are mostly not Scottish thought so no need to worry about accent issues.
As I felt confident in my other A levels I only did the one. I found it was very helpful and an enjoyable experience. There were homework tasks, classwork tasks and the teacher I had taught with a good mix of staying focused on the subject as well as having small 2/3 minute conversations throughout. I definitely recommend having a look and there are multiple open events happening throughout the year. There are also 1 on 1 classes that my sister (in year 8) does and it has improved her education experience way more. I sometimes would pop into the lesson and ask some questions about my other subjects. The school allows you to work on your own schedule (to an extent) and the teachers are also very responsive and helpful, (especially around exam time as they should.)
The only thing is you do need to find a centre where the exam board will send the paper and you go there to sit the exam. The school helps with that too though!
Hopefully this can help!

Quick Reply

Latest