The Student Room Group

I was swimming on holiday and my trunks came off ?

It was an accident. Trouble was, it happened in a pool that was predominantly full of ladies. Two of them started hurling abuse at me and got out of the pool to speak to the Pool Guard.

I had said sorry, i told them it was my trunks they were a bit loose and that it would certainly not happen again but they simply wouldn't listen. Instead they complained about it and tried to go as far as saying it was intentional on my part.

The Pool guard told me to get out of the pool and leave as I had caused those ladies considerable 'alarm and distress'.

I want to take action over this as I had paid to use that facility just like everyone else. I had no idea that they'd slid off while I was doing my laps, it was only when I heard a few screams that I looked around and realised my trunks were on the other side of the pool where the ladies were. When I heard the guard raising his voice and waving his arms at me, I took that as an instruction to climb out of the pool using the pool ladder so I did just that. The screaming at this point intensified at the far end of the pool as all I could see was a dozen or so women covering their eyes. The Pool guard was red in the face and calling me every name under the sun, I just didn't understand what he was requesting of me. Out of sheer confusion I then proceeded to climb back into the pool and I felt my arm being pulled.

Ah crap forget to mention an important detail, this happened while out in Portugal. My concerns are that I dont want to get into their local papers nor do I want my photo used. If this happens am I entitled to sue them and claim compensation ?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
While it might be an overreaction, I imagine it’s an offence in Portugal to walk around naked in a public place and the staff have an obligation to other customers. And generally media can report a true story, did anyone capture a photo at the time. I would keep your head down, hope for the best and buy a tighter pair of trunks.
In the (very) unlikely case that this actually happened, no you obviously should not take action over this. It takes an impressive degree of complete obliviousness to not only lose your trunks, but then swim across an entire swimming pool without realising, and then interpret the lifeguard's instructions as "get out of the pool naked". They were justified in kicking you out because your actions make you look like an exhibitionist.
Original post by Grande_Cojones78
It was an accident. Trouble was, it happened in a pool that was predominantly full of ladies. Two of them started hurling abuse at me and got out of the pool to speak to the Pool Guard.

I had said sorry, i told them it was my trunks they were a bit loose and that it would certainly not happen again but they simply wouldn't listen. Instead they complained about it and tried to go as far as saying it was intentional on my part.

The Pool guard told me to get out of the pool and leave as I had caused those ladies considerable 'alarm and distress'.

I want to take action over this as I had paid to use that facility just like everyone else. I had no idea that they'd slid off while I was doing my laps, it was only when I heard a few screams that I looked around and realised my trunks were on the other side of the pool where the ladies were. When I heard the guard raising his voice and waving his arms at me, I took that as an instruction to climb out of the pool using the pool ladder so I did just that. The screaming at this point intensified at the far end of the pool as all I could see was a dozen or so women covering their eyes. The Pool guard was red in the face and calling me every name under the sun, I just didn't understand what he was requesting of me. Out of sheer confusion I then proceeded to climb back into the pool and I felt my arm being pulled.

Ah crap forget to mention an important detail, this happened while out in Portugal. My concerns are that I dont want to get into their local papers nor do I want my photo used. If this happens am I entitled to sue them and claim compensation ?

Given your username, presumably any newspaper coverage would need to be a double page spread??? 😆
What Plag said :ditto:
🤣 happend to me on a diving bourd, came clean of lucky water was warm my dongle swinging around
I’m alarmed & distressed just thinking about it

Quick Reply

Latest