Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've my ear pierced (helix), and it's been giving me hell. I want another next to it, but I won't get it until this one stops being difficult. It's been pierced since the end of may and it's still healing lol. Worth it though, I love it.

I would get a tattoo, but I'm not sure what I want, so I've not made a decision to get one because that would be silly simply thinking up something because I 'want one', it has to be personal. One day I'll sit down and put some proper thought into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian)
    ha hahahaha no
    human rights lawyer,this tat will be discreet unless im naked or something lol
    and btw i think that tattoo's don't make people look like thugs,thats a narrow minded statement,i am sure the Mesoamericans and the Polynesians aren't thugs,it's part of some people's culture and can be a beautiful thing to others and the bearer :yep:
    PMSL, look at my profile pic lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icy_Mikki)
    "TATTOO'S -Anybody considering them?"

Yeah, I'm considering... that they don't have an apostrophe in their spelling when they're pluralised! Bah.
    Thankyou,much appreciated ,i am sure the energy you must have exhausted was put to good use for i care about this(space)much

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think that nothing can make a girl look ugly like a tattoo can. Maybe facial piercings.

ReputationRep:
    Tattoo's what!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    I wanted a tattoo, and still like the idea of having one... just not the reality of what it'll look like when I age or what'll happen if I change my mind etc etc...

BUT I definitely recommend that everyone considering having a tattoo for the first time go to a tattooist and actually watch it being done, not to put yourself off the idea or anything. But so when / if you do it then you're prepared for the noise and the process... because I think otherwise it might be a bit of a shock.
    i totally agree you should watch it get done first. I watched my friend get his done on his wrist and then I got mine, if I hadnt seen him do it I probably would have freaked out and left, but having him there helped me decide,

ReputationRep:
    hahah hhaaaaa wow people don't get hypertension from the apo'stro'phe'
    Personally I think it's a nice decorative touch

ReputationRep:
    yeah i've seen my sister's boyfriend get it done,was intense I have to say but it didn't stop me from wanting one!!

ReputationRep:
    What's that saying....you should never say never.....well.... NEVER.
    I really don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    MEEE!!! i'm fix getting one or two or more

1. below my ankle on the outside of right foot.. "I will survive" in some curly cursive font, centered and one word on one line... me, my friend and her sister are getting it together - soon
    2. in may, when i graduate..something i design with my initials, internationality and the year 09 - may/june/july 09 .... OR just some funky design in black ..both would be on my hip bone
    [EDIT] 3. either a black or rainbow-coloured (but probs black) music note... maybe behind my right ear...

can't wait!!!

personally, i think tattoes are awesome, and lovely and colourful and they can say so much about a person...theyre fun

ReputationRep:
    My friend got a christmas tree tattooed on his arm.
    It looks ridiculous but he seems to quite like it, he says he's going to add a bauble every year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a tribal horse, probably on my hip/shoulderblade.

I'd also like dragon wings on my back, but that is going to take some serious consideration.

ReputationRep:
    I've never considered getting a tattoo and never will. I believe its pointless and just ruins your skin. Personally, its a waste of money and completely useless without a need. Like some people get it in places where you can see it. Why get it then? Even getting it on the back, you won't be able to see it yourself. Whats the point. Why do you wish to get some rubbish engrave/printed on your skin for the rest of your life? I just don't understand. Some people request a tattoo and it comes out complete retarded. And then? Your p****d for life! Like some crazy person, got a tattoo on their eye!!!
    Heres another example: http://bp3.blogger.com/_V2rUIU139r0/...attoo+face.jpg

Well at the end of the day, its your choice.

*Sorry, I don't mean to be rude or anything. I just wanted to express this view of mine for quite some time*

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really into tattoos, so no. Besides, I don't think I'm old enough to decide. I go through phases of liking and disliking things, so it'd be a mistake.

ReputationRep:
    I got one yesterday! (tuesday) lol Designed by a mate at uni, after I told him the ideas I'd been having and what I'd already designed myself. Took three years to perfect it, and I asolutly adore it. I agree with the person who said go watch one being done first, then have it. It didn't freak me out, was just a little bit strange. Also, get someone to go with you.

annnd here it is...

ReputationRep:
    I've got one on my back but its in a place where if I want to show it off I can if not I just cover it up so no problem. I also got something that ment something to me, and thought about it for ages.

ReputationRep:
    i've never understood the criticism that it will look crap all wrinkly when we are old. we'll look crap in general when we're old.

i mean it's not as if i'd be worrying about my "lovely" wrinkly skin being ruined by some ink will i...

ReputationRep:
    If I ever got a tattoo, it would be a very small spiral that would be somewhere very discrete.

We shall see, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    I understand that it's not for everybody, but it's everyone's personal choice whether they want/get a tattoo.
    Yeah some people's **** up but they clearly haven't done much in terms of research on the tattoo artist if that's the case.
    Some people choose to get piercings, to dye their hair , to wear what clothes they want, and the same goes for tattoos.
    yeah it's permanent, but only that person can decide whats right for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    I got one yesterday! (tuesday) lol Designed by a mate at uni, after I told him the ideas I'd been having and what I'd already designed myself. Took three years to perfect it, and I asolutly adore it. I agree with the person who said go watch one being done first, then have it. It didn't freak me out, was just a little bit strange. Also, get someone to go with you.

annnd here it is...

Ah I like it, how long did it take?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.