The Student Room Group

University preference

I am an international student. I want to pursue computer science in UK but I am confused between these universities: Uni of East London, Uni of Essex, Coventry Uni London, Greenwich Uni. Which uni is better for CS among these or is there any other tier 2 uni which is better for CS

Scroll to see replies

You should look at university rankings and see which of them are better for CS specifically. For other ‘Tier 2’ unis, it really depends on your grades. Some will quickly reject you if your grades (or predicted grades) don’t fit their requirements. Go onto UCAS and you can find all courses at all unis.
Reply 2
Original post by sickofthis
You should look at university rankings and see which of them are better for CS specifically. For other ‘Tier 2’ unis, it really depends on your grades. Some will quickly reject you if your grades (or predicted grades) don’t fit their requirements. Go onto UCAS and you can find all courses at all unis.

Can you please help me with it? I am very confused. I'll be very grateful to you. Please!
PS: I have scored 96% in my 12th exams.
Original post by AishaAis
Can you please help me with it? I am very confused. I'll be very grateful to you. Please!

Ok, so ive looked at the rankings and they seem to go
1) Essex
2) Coventry
3) Greenwich
4) East London

Also, do you have the UK equivalent for a 96% so I can see which unis would accept those grades?
1) Essex
2) Coventry
3) Greenwich
4) East London

Also, do you have the UK equivalent for a 96% so I can see which unis would accept those grades?

What country/qualification is your 96% from?

Which country are you in? Is Kent a possibility or Oxford Brookes?
I am an international student. I want to pursue computer science in UK but I am confused between these universities: Uni of East London, Uni of Essex, Coventry Uni London, Greenwich Uni. Which uni is better for CS among these or is there any other tier 2 uni which is better for CS

None of them are particularly stellar and I certainly wouldn't be paying international fees to attend these for Computer Science. Do you have a specific area of CS you are interested in?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
I am applying in January intake 2023 and today only I came to know that courses are limited in January intake and only these universities offer CS for January intake:
ARU, Cambridge Campus
Coventry, Coventry Campus
UEL
Uni of Buckingham
UCA, Farnham
Keele Uni
Richmond Uni
UA92, Manchester
Can you please suggest are these universities worth international fees? And which one is better?

1) Essex
2) Coventry
3) Greenwich
4) East London

Reply 8
Original post by Desideri

India
Reply 9
Original post by Desideri

I am applying in January intake 2023 and today only I came to know that courses are limited in January intake and only these universities offer CS for January intake:
ARU, Cambridge Campus
UEL
Uni of Buckingham
UCA, Farnham
Keele Uni
Richmond Uni
UA92, Manchester
Can you please suggest are these universities worth international fees? And which one is better?
Reply 10
these are not offering January intake

ARU, Cambridge Campus
UEL
Uni of Buckingham
UCA, Farnham
Keele Uni
Richmond Uni
UA92, Manchester

Original post by Muttley79
Which country are you in? Is Kent a possibility or Oxford Brookes?
Reply 11
Data Science
Original post by Blue_Cow
None of them are particularly stellar and I certainly wouldn't be paying international fees to attend these for Computer Science. Do you have a specific area of CS you are interested in?
Reply 12
Original post by Blue_Cow

ARU, Cambridge Campus
UEL
Uni of Buckingham
UCA, Farnham
Keele Uni
Richmond Uni
UA92, Manchester
these are not offering January intake

ARU, Cambridge Campus
UEL
Uni of Buckingham
UCA, Farnham
Keele Uni
Richmond Uni
UA92, Manchester

Keele is respected and Buckingham offers teo years degrees so calculate costs with that in mind..

You'd have far more choice in September 2023 ..
Reply 14
but I can't waste one whole year
Keele is respected and Buckingham offers teo years degrees so calculate costs with that in mind..

You'd have far more choice in September 2023 ..
but I can't waste one whole year

Why not look at clearing for 2022 then?

where'd you get a tier list of all the UK unis?
Reply 17
Sorry I didn't understand what do you mean by that. Could you please explain?
Why not look at clearing for 2022 then?
Sorry I didn't understand what do you mean by that. Could you please explain?

There are universities with places for September 2022; why not look at that option?
Reply 19
are there any? I mean I am an international student
There are universities with places for September 2022; why not look at that option?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending