Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pregnant & dont know who to talk to watch

Hi,

I've taken 3 pregnancy tests over the last week and they have all come back positive, i've missed 2 periods and have been having some morning sickness over the last couple of weeks.

I haven't slept for days now and i've hardly eaten anything. I can't believe this is happening.

My boyfriend will be working away for the next 5 weeks, and I don't feel ready to tell him yet. I haven't been to the doctors to have it confirmed, because then I will have to accept it and do something

I just really want to talk to someone about this face to face, most of my friends are away at uni and busy with their own lives.

I started a new job about 2 months ago in a clothes shop, and the manager seems really nice, I was wondering if I should tell her? Or do you think I will be burdening her with all my problems? Shes the only person I can think of who I would feel comfortable talking about it to.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    How about your mum or dad?

ReputationRep:
    Well you're talking to us.. that's a good start.

I recommend the doctor as your next stop. The doctor will make you feel more in control of the situation and will be able to talk through all your options. They will be understanding, non-judgemental and, most importantly, they know a lot about pregnancy and how to proceed from here.

Have you thought about what you're going to do? The sooner you decide the better.

p.s. you forgot to click the anon box. You can click 'edit' then copy it, then delete the post, they paste and re-post with the anon function. If you like. Though this is the internet so it doesn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    not anon anymore OP

do you have any siblings or anyone you can talk to? are you no longer close friends with the people who have gone away to uni? because if you are, then talk to them. just because they are at uni doesn't mean they are unavailable. if you are close to them i'm sure they would be there for you

Thanks

I know I need to make an appointment with the doctor I've been putting off, I haven't been for years and i'm dreading it.

I have no idea what I want to do, I really don't think I'm ready to have a baby, but I don't think i'm strong enough to go through with an abortion.

ReputationRep:
    don't worry, the doctors will be fine, i know it will make you face up to reality and you don't want to but you will have to eventually, and the faster you do that the faster you will come to terms with it and figure out what to do

have you thought about adoption in that case?

how old are you OP?

I'm 19

I can't imagine any of it, having a baby/abortion/adoption

I suppose i'd rather have an abortion, but i'm scared I would totally regret it afterwards

ReputationRep:
    Talk to an abortionist.

ReputationRep:
    This is a scary moment in life.. but you must do what is right for you.. You are very young.. and if you feel you are not ready for a child.. you have years ahead of you for that.. maybe abortion would be the best solution.. and you can be strong enough for it.. has you have to be strong to have a child!

The boyfriend should know.. maybe not just yet.. but after you talk to a GP.. which is what I think you should do.. you will be grateful for his support!

Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    You're just going to have to be brave a go to the doctor. If you think it'll help, you could tell your boyfriend/a parent/a friend and have them come with you. Or you can do it on your own, whichever will make you most comfortable. You never know, it might be a huge relief to have someone else who knows and is willing to support you. You'll only worry yourself more by putting it off.

I'm sure your doctor will be happy to discuss your options with you, which might help... but I know for some people it can be a really hard decision. Good luck <3

I'd suggest talking to your boyfriend, it should be a joint decision.
    Then you can both go to see your GP.

Good luck

x

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctor. They're trained to help people with this sort of thing and to talk people through decisions, and it's completely confindential. They can advise you better about who to talk to/how to go about it all. Good luck and I hope things get better for you.

I got pregnant once and had the same thing, I had been suspecting it for 2 weeks but always put off going to a doctor because I was scared of facing up to it.

But the feeling of relief you get when you've made an appointment is amazing! If you do want an abortion, choose a surgical one and load up on painkillers. I wanted that but my cervix was too small or something so I had to have a medical one which was the most painful experience ever. Oh yeah and I puked on the way home on the bus. But seriously, so worth it. I would say that it is 1000 times harder having the baby and giving it up for adoption than going through with an abortion, all you're doing is delaying the problem.

Thanks everyone for your help

I've got a doctors appointment for 2moro afternoon ... dreading it, but I know it's for the best.

The morning sickness is getting the better of me I've had to ring in sick

ReputationRep:
    Good luck tomorrow, you're doing the right thing. Do you know how far you're pregnant? Did you decide to speak to your manager at all about it?

I guess around 8 weeks, not sure though

I haven't said anything to her yet, just said i wasn't feeling too well today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've got a doctors appointment for 2moro afternoon ... dreading it, but I know it's for the best.
    Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! You're definitely doing the right thing going to the doctor.

Post back and let us know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    I hope everything works out okay for you Do talk to someone though - don't go through this alone.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    If you want to PM me (it will be in confidence) I can help you get in touch with people in a similar situation on another website.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.