Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toddlers crossword)
    what??? :eek: thats ridiculously expensive, even bearing in mind its catered. I can see why the union are running a campaign about the accommodation prices...
    I know! The idea is that the £130 ones include the £35 eat with us card so the rent is actually £95 a week or something.
    Personally, I think thats rediculous, especially seeing as my en-suite in Howden is only £96 a week and its very new.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Just heard from the housing officer that it is confirmed now, Tapton will be open for one last year and is now due to be demolished in July 2010. This year it will even appear in the Home From Home booklet and on the website, under the argument that it gives the 'Traditional student halls experience.'
    Rent will be from £100-130.
    Personally, I'm thinking its a bit outrageous and am hoping noone falls for it!
    HAHAHA! £130 for that ********? Who are ACS trying to kid? That's utterly sickening. I knew there was a reason I just stood outside firth court getting cold and shouting at the University staff for 2 hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    HAHAHA! £130 for that ********? Who are ACS trying to kid? That's utterly sickening. I knew there was a reason I just stood outside firth court getting cold and shouting at the University staff for 2 hours!
    Oh today??
    How did the protest go? I wish I could have made it but I was actually doing tours for ACS. Feel like a bit of a traitor tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.