The Student Room Group

Please please help!

Hi, I'm retaking my 2nd year ( I had extenuating circunstances) and I was doing well! Unfortunately everything went down the hill after January when I had more extenuating circunstances ( think needing emergency accommodation, having to move, police involvement etc) I told the university and was given some extensions but I did a bit poorly. I've passed half of my credits and in May I decided to postpone my last 2 exams till August because I was unwell. The stress I was under has left me with physical consequences and I believe depressed. I m not very confident on my exams now in August. What happens if a fail? I'm really worried I'll be kicked out. This would technically be my 1st attempt and it shows as that on my transcript. Would they let me sit them in June?
I'm sorry you've had such a tough time.

On Monday phone your uni to ask about the resit policy.

Tomorrow, write a list of the priority items to learn for the exams. By doing some work every day you are increasing your chance of passing. Stay motivated.

Make sure you do eat properly, drink plenty of water and get enough sleep. Revision is tiring. Take care and good luck.
Original post by Freida
Hi, I'm retaking my 2nd year ( I had extenuating circunstances) and I was doing well! Unfortunately everything went down the hill after January when I had more extenuating circunstances ( think needing emergency accommodation, having to move, police involvement etc) I told the university and was given some extensions but I did a bit poorly. I've passed half of my credits and in May I decided to postpone my last 2 exams till August because I was unwell. The stress I was under has left me with physical consequences and I believe depressed. I m not very confident on my exams now in August. What happens if a fail? I'm really worried I'll be kicked out. This would technically be my 1st attempt and it shows as that on my transcript. Would they let me sit them in June?

Hiya

As said, every uni has different policies regarding exams so you'll have to check the one for yours. If you just google "[uni name] examination resit policy", something should come up. Alternatively, you can email your department or one of the profs/tutors/academic advisor regarding advice and they can help you out.

Hope it gets better soon <3

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest