The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Changing course to single honours?

I'm wondering if I can change from combined honours to single honours?? I have an offer for SOAS btw. korean and social anthropology to just korean. Will they let me do this when i arrive or before course starts?
You should contact them now before you start to see if you can change, if you know that's what you want to do. There is no guarantee you will be able to do so after starting!

I imagine once you start, it's probably easier going from single honours to joint honours than vice versa. But before starting it's probably more straightforward either way!

@umbrellala may be able to advise having done Korean in a joint honours at SOAS previously, and might know if anyone has done this before?

But as above since you've not started yet the easiest and simplest thing is to just contact them now and sort it out before you start :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Yes you can. I did it before I started and changed from Joint to single. It took about three days.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm wondering if I can change from combined honours to single honours?? I have an offer for SOAS btw. korean and social anthropology to just korean. Will they let me do this when i arrive or before course starts?

Hi there, thank you @artful_lounger for the quote :smile:

Yes you can absolutely do this - I actually switched from single to dual honours during my year abroad in second year! I'd definitely echo what artful_lounger said and recommend that you talk to them as soon as you possibly can, as there are quite a lot of moving parts for them to sort out. It should be a relatively easy process since you're dropping a subject rather than adding one as I did, but given the slightly haphazard nature of SOAS admin it's good to get it sorted as far in advance as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending