The Student Room Group

Is it easy to do Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde For GCSEs?

For English lit my teacher decided to teach us War of the worlds instead of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde for our GCSEs, most people in our class have said their going to learn Dr Jekyll during the summer because no one can find any dedicated revision materials for War of the worlds and Jekyll has a lot apparently, is this a good idea?
I'd say yes.
But I would suggest you go with whatever you're most comfortable with.
You don't have to choose War of the Worlds just because you learned it at school, but if you find that your teacher's explanations are enough for you to prepare for the exam (plus anything else you can find, doesn't have to be specifically 'revision' material, anything that adds to your knowledge of the text can be useful).

On the other hand, if you're okay with self-teaching you can try Jekyll&Hyde, if there are many resources it won't be too much of a problem, and if you are confident about this text for the exam, I'd say you go and do it.

Regardless of the text you choose, your analytical skills and understanding of the context and effects of literary devices will be most important so make sure to work on that!

Good luck on your GCSEs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending