The Student Room Group

Tech consulting or audit?

I've seen similar discussions in the past but thought i'd ask for up to date advice. I have an offer for the audit program at EY and tech consulting at kpmg. The tech consulting role sounds more interesting and is more fruitful than a career in audit, but the audit program does give you the ACA qualification which can open up many doors once obtained. Personally i'm leaning towards ey because i see more opportunities with the ACA, but wanted advice from anyone who works in or knows more about the tech consulting role.
Reply 1
You first stated that the "tech consulting role sounds more interesting and is more fruitful than a career in audit" but contradicted this later by saying "I see more opportunities with the ACA" from the audit program.

Pick the role you think you would enjoy the most. It really is as simple as that. You should also only pursue an ACA qualification if you want a career where that qualification is needed.

This is pure guesswork, but I would also imagine that at KPMG or EY, there would be some flexibility to transition to different paths. People can and do make career changes throughout their lives, particularly when they are younger.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending