The Student Room Group

Should I feel bad?

So a guy at Uni who apparently likes my Sister has been sending her love notes which are a bit obnoxious with the words he used but means well? She dislikes that sort of thing so she expressed her concern to our Mum and her question was, ‘ooh does he have a girlfriend?’. No he doesn’t. Our Mum as any other would be are overly and a tad annoyingly interested in our future love lives but since we are well into our mid twenties we try to avoid it. So in retaliation she decided to post him the spoilers of the finale to “Lucifer” which he watches religiously (If you’ll pardon the pun). I decided to push it further by giving him all the spoilers over Squid Game which he ‘was’ hyped about. Should I feel bad?
Original post by Anonymous
So a guy at Uni who apparently likes my Sister has been sending her love notes which are a bit obnoxious with the words he used but means well? She dislikes that sort of thing so she expressed her concern to our Mum and her question was, ‘ooh does he have a girlfriend?’. No he doesn’t. Our Mum as any other would be are overly and a tad annoyingly interested in our future love lives but since we are well into our mid twenties we try to avoid it. So in retaliation she decided to post him the spoilers of the finale to “Lucifer” which he watches religiously (If you’ll pardon the pun). I decided to push it further by giving him all the spoilers over Squid Game which he ‘was’ hyped about. Should I feel bad?

Wthhh im not tryna be mean but u should feel bad all he did was sent love notes even if he meant well. How could u ask should I feel bad and even after spoiling one thing for him u did it with another show as well which shows no regret imagine someone did that to you. I am shocked
Reply 2

I have no idea how we went from your sister being sent love notes and your mum's interrogation to Lucifer and Squid Game.

If he means well, not sure what prompted you and your sister to do that?

It's not the worst thing in the world, but it is highly irritating, especially for film fanatics.
Reply 3
So your apparently adult sister knows this guy well enough to be aware of his favourite TV programmes, but couldn't talk to him to say "don't send me love notes"?

Either she (and you) are incredibly immature or this story isn't quite right...
Hi everyone, I owe you all an explanation. I was very drunk and upset when I wrote this and can assure you this never happened. Lucifer happens to be my Sisters fav show and Squid Game is mine but would never reveal the endings to anyone who hasn’t watched them. As the guards of Squid Game say: We truly apologise for allowing such an unacceptable incident to occur 😢
Hi everyone, I owe you all an explanation. I was very drunk and upset when I wrote this and can assure you this never happened. Lucifer happens to be my Sisters fav show and Squid Game is mine but would never reveal the endings to anyone who hasn’t watched them. As the guards of Squid Game say: We truly apologise for allowing such an unacceptable incident to occur 😢

LMAOOO nah thats acc jokesss loool dw I was confused when u were saying I don’t know if I should feel bad for spoiling 2 full shows endings. Im acc dyinggg at what u just wrote now lucifer was ur sisters show and squid games urs 🤣
LMAOOO nah thats acc jokesss loool dw I was confused when u were saying I don’t know if I should feel bad for spoiling 2 full shows endings. Im acc dyinggg at what u just wrote now lucifer was ur sisters show and squid games urs 🤣

Hi there Thank you I’m glad that it sorted itself out in the end Not sure what I was thinking!
Hi there Thank you I’m glad that it sorted itself out in the end Not sure what I was thinking!

All is forgiven?
Reply 8
Original post by Junaid1986
New generation males are soft and useless and I blame the mothers for mothering them up too much. They turn these little baby boys into big baby boys and its a farce to tell you the truth.

This boy who sends your sister love notes is a wuss by the sounds of it.

His approach is all wrong. He should walk up to her chest out, proud, confident and firmly (but not too hard) grip her wrist. Then he should say something simply along the lines of 'you, come with me'.

That is how a real Don, a real OG does things. Shy girls like confident young men, not these spoiled mummy boy types. I don't blame him, its just how society is these days. Bad parenting is the problem. Fathers are also not as good as they used to be, another contributing factor to lack of manliness in todays male youth.

What is it about men trying to impress women in the way many women want to be impressed that really gets under your skin?

I'd prefer intricate love notes any day over some egotistical, muscles-over-mind guy with a puffed up chest demanding I go anywhere with him.

Some women prefer the direct approach, others don't. Shaming some men by calling them soft and patronising them is what is useless. I'm a fairly shy girl, so again, your assumption is incorrect. You don't get to speak for me.

If some men want to display a more emotionally intelligent side that isn't masked with testosterone, coldness and any physical/psychological beatings they took from their fathers to 'toughen' them up during childhood, I don't see an issue.

Let people be as they want to be. Men and women need to subvert traditional gender roles, in my opinon, and just exist in the way that they feel fits them best. This sort of identity restriction only gives way to social pressures and mental health problems.

Emotional vulnerability is essential to a relationship, to a large degree, whether you like it or not. Puffing your chest up is essentially you trying to assert your own confidence and not wanting to show vulnerability. It's an emotional wall; a sign that you may need to do some self-reflection. Confidence, on the other hand, is very different. Confidence is being comfortable with yourself, your inner workings, and being mature enough to confront your own emotions. Telling someone all the things you love about them is not weak, it's something that women generally do more. We use language a lot to relay our deep admiration for a partner. Perhaps it's men getting closer to behaving like women that you do not like, as you perceive women to be somewhat inferior or weaker.

You can judge the newer generations of men however you like, but things are progressing and people are making choices that work well for them. It's not harming you personally, so I don't see the problem. I also find it odd how you blame mothers for equipping their sons with the confidence to manage their own emotions and to ask as opposed to demanding.

A lot of women actually like how these 'wusses' go about their romancing. It worked in the past, and it works now. These men are closer to the traditionally 'female' mindset. They're understanding more and more about how many of us think. Most, I would say, want reliability, particularly in emotional form. Is an importunate, stone-faced façade really going to guarantee that?

It's not being soft, it's being smart.