The Student Room Group

What to do?

Hi, i’m currently going into S6 and was wondering what to do.
I got an A in Higher Maths
an A in Nat 5 Chemistry
a C in Higher English which i will be resitting
a D in Higher Accounting
and a D in Higher HFT.
I know what i wanna do in uni and they ask for 6A’s in highers including english and maths.
I plan on doing 5 highers this years including english so that i can achieve this.
Just wanted to know if yous think a uni would accept me if i get 5 highers this year hopefully at A’s as i plan to work so so hard. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by studentanon7890
Hi, i’m currently going into S6 and was wondering what to do.
I got an A in Higher Maths
an A in Nat 5 Chemistry
a C in Higher English which i will be resitting
a D in Higher Accounting
and a D in Higher HFT.
I know what i wanna do in uni and they ask for 6A’s in highers including english and maths.
I plan on doing 5 highers this years including english so that i can achieve this.
Just wanted to know if yous think a uni would accept me if i get 5 highers this year hopefully at A’s as i plan to work so so hard. Thank you!

Think it would depend on the Uni, how strictly they want to follow the minimum requirements, how many applicants they have to decide between, what grades are most relevant etc. There are many people who have been in your position who were accepted to courses nonetheless.

However if you find they do not accept you and you are interested in getting more Highers out-with school, there are many opportunities available at colleges to get the couple of grades you need or more possibly. I'll mention that it's absolutely not the end of the world if you happen to not get in first time, just gotta keep trying and stick with it. Regardless of how it goes, you are in a great position. Wish you the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending