The Student Room Group

As and a level together 2022

I have only 45 days left for the October/November session to begin.
I am thinking of resitting my AS level subjects alongside my A levels in this session. I got all Ds in the subjects, computer science, mathematics and psychology.
Does this seem realistic to do or should I give my exams in Feb/March session next year?
PS: I have completed all the coursework related to the syllabus
I believe the only autumn resits this year are certain GCSE ones (I think maths and english, maybe more)
So if you wanted to resit an AS level it would have to be in the summer series
Original post by Squiggles1238
I believe the only autumn resits this year are certain GCSE ones (I think maths and english, maybe more)
So if you wanted to resit an AS level it would have to be in the summer series

I pretty much guarantee the the OP is taking international A levels with CAIE where there is always an October/November session.

The clue is partly that the OP is talking about exam seasons that do exist for international students and partly because they talk about giving exams. Weirdly people in the UK always take exams and yet the majority of overseas students seem to give them. I'm sure that says something profound about our different cultures but I'm never sure what.
Original post by EBluebear
I pretty much guarantee the the OP is taking international A levels with CAIE where there is always an October/November session.

The clue is partly that the OP is talking about exam seasons that do exist for international students and partly because they talk about giving exams. Weirdly people in the UK always take exams and yet the majority of overseas students seem to give them. I'm sure that says something profound about our different cultures but I'm never sure what.

Ah okay, OP didn’t specify, my bad
Original post by Naju.
I have only 45 days left for the October/November session to begin.
I am thinking of resitting my AS level subjects alongside my A levels in this session. I got all Ds in the subjects, computer science, mathematics and psychology.
Does this seem realistic to do or should I give my exams in Feb/March session next year?
PS: I have completed all the coursework related to the syllabus

My guess is that you were not really ready for the AS exams and if you have followed a similar study approach you will not be ready for the A2 exams. I think trying to retake AS alongside A2 in Oct/Nov is not realistic and even the Feb/March session is ambitious.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest