Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think Cheryl Cole is too thin? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miki_da_magpie)
    So you think Cheryl is too skinny? And no longer slim? Ok fair enough, I guess everyone has different limits to what they would call skinny, fat, etc, everyone has their opinions. I was just annoyed with your "pre-pubescent" comment as I felt it was out of place to the conversation. I would rather see, in this day and age, "role models" (i say that in qoutes because I dont find celebrities particularly good role models anyways) that are conscious of their weight, then over weight celebs, theres enough inflation of obesity as it is.
    Word. I don't understand why some people go out of their way to mock a stranger's physical attributes.

ReputationRep:
    She's ruining her looks getting so emaciated. Cheryl looked 100x better in her early GirlsAloud vids like these
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6Usfy6PP3RI
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0HGS6f3Kd_E
    than she does now. Saying that though she still looks stunning but is setting a horrible example to her much younger fans.

Also you can tell it's not natural. If you look at women like Kylie who are petite and obviously don't weigh a lot but still have curves and not bones jaunting out everywhere they look amazing, but Cheryl doesn't look like that she just looks like she's starving herself.

ReputationRep:
    So you think Cheryl is too skinny? And no longer slim? Ok fair enough, I guess everyone has different limits to what they would call skinny, fat, etc, everyone has their opinions. I was just annoyed with your "pre-pubescent" comment as I felt it was out of place to the conversation. I would rather see, in this day and age, "role models" (i say that in qoutes because I dont find celebrities particularly good role models anyways) that are conscious of their weight, then over weight celebs, theres enough inflation of obesity as it is.
    Yeah, I see your point, but I don't think celebrities are role models in any way, shape or form, but I know that impressionable young girls think they are, and that's what annoys me - 'cause they're just not honest about their size and why they're the shape they are.

But, yes, skinny over obese, please. :yep:

I think it has nothing to do with anyone but Cheryl Cole.

ReputationRep:
    Rofl, I thought this thread was about a soft drink called 'Cheryl Cola' being watered down too much. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennifer_l85)
    There's a lot in magazines and newspapers these days about Cheryl Cole being too thin, and how she's 'wasting away' and 'emaciated'. I personally think she looks perfectly healthy and not underweight at all. She doesn't have a figure like Kelly Brook because of her genes, not because she's underweight. She's short and has a small frame so even if she's a size 4 or 6 it doesn't mean she's unhealthy. I think it's unfair on all the girls who are naturally thinner than Cheryl and aren't blessed with a shape as nice hers who probably feel even more insecure about being 'too skinny' even though they can't do anything about it.
    she is disgustingly thin... it makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    all celebrities, including Cheryl Cole, are major hypocrites...they say "ban size 0"...but look at them,they dont mean it...its all a load of b******t....'normal girls' size 12+ are never going to be recognised aslong as this celebrity culture stays, its so sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Because, as a celebrity, you automatically become 'public property' as it were (and I'm not saying I agree with it, but it's the truth). We can discuss anyone we like tbf - whether it's Charlotte Church for being a heffer, or Cheryl Cole for being a twig - it's harmless banter!!
    Lol. I agree that's it's harmless banter, but if I had started a thread saying, 'Do you think charlotte church is too fat?', then loads of people would reply saying things like 'of course she's not, how can you even start a thread like this' and 'this is why so many young girls have eating disorders', and that kind of thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeh_jeh)
    Sorry, OP, but I disagree. She's too thin. If she'd been like that "forever" (a la Keira Knightley), then maybe I'd be inclined to agree with you, but the fact that she has been a size 10, and looked perfectly healthy at it, signals to me that she is too thin and not naturally like that. Although, tbh, the fact that any woman can be the size of a pre-pubescent child (when women are designed to be able to bear children, etc) is still a bit dubious in my book.
    I agree with this. she never used to be as skinny. personally i think she looks ill - her head looks too big for her body and her arms are tiny! x

ReputationRep:
    she's still hot... but dammit I like curves

ReputationRep:
    whats her height anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xwoopwoopx)
    whats her height anyway?
    I think she's 5ft2 or 3.

ReputationRep:
    She is definitely too skinny.

ReputationRep:

Surely a better role model is someone who maintains a natural and healthy weight despite what showbiz and media tell them?

I wouldn't call someone who has dropped a huge amount of weight, when they haven't needed to, and is overly conscious about their body to be a good role model. It is obvious that Cheryl Cole, despite being beautiful, is underweight. People should just embrace their natural shape and size (obviously I mean this to certain extent). Cheryl Cole looked a lot better when she had a bit more weight on her.

ReputationRep:
    Cheryl Is Beautiful

ReputationRep:
    Cheryl Cole is really beautiful plus she is really nice on the X- factor. Also she has Ashley Cole:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icapturethecastle)
    i think cheryl cole is gorgeous, imo, her figure is nice and so is her weight for her height...although i do agree that she wouldn't look bad if she gained some weight
    ''so is her weight for her height''
    Did you actually caltulate her BMI???

ReputationRep:
    personally I find her to be an ugly mug, just personal opinion though , my opinions have already been denatured.

ReputationRep:
    She was thin last year but she put on weight. I wish I could look like that.

ReputationRep:
    Is there not a rule about reviving threads from previous decades?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.