The Student Room Group

Getting Started With a Class B Auto License, What Do I Need to Know?

Even though I'm only 21 my parents have already been nagging be about getting started with getting a driving license, which I had no real interest in up to this point. However I recently discovered that the Class B Auto license exists, which would make getting it a lot easier and it is making me slightly more interested in getting it done. However I've found very little info about it online, guess that just not a lot of people do it? So I'm just looking for some info on how to best get started and what it all looks like as I don't really know anything about the process of getting a license.
Original post by gh158
Even though I'm only 21 my parents have already been nagging be about getting started with getting a driving license, which I had no real interest in up to this point. However I recently discovered that the Class B Auto license exists, which would make getting it a lot easier and it is making me slightly more interested in getting it done. However I've found very little info about it online, guess that just not a lot of people do it? So I'm just looking for some info on how to best get started and what it all looks like as I don't really know anything about the process of getting a license.

"Category B" is the entitlement (on a GB driving licence) to drive cars. If you pass your driving test in a car with a manual gearbox, you are allowed to drive cars with manual or automatic gearbox; if you pass the test in a car with an automatic gearbox, you only get the entitlement to drive cars with automatic gearboxes. (If you subsequently want to drive manual cars, you need to take and pass another test in a car with a manual gearbox.)

Getting a licence and learning to drive -- start here: https://www.gov.uk/learn-to-drive-a-car

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending