The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

What is happening with the issuance of the CAS letter?

A month and a half has passed since the process of issuing my CAS letter began, and today, August 15, 2022, when the deadline to meet my requirements for my enrollment is supposed to be, I have not received it. .

I find it incredible that I have written on different occasions to different departments of the university, including admissions, asking why this is happening, and no one gives me an answer. Nor does anyone answer my emails or give me certainty about what will happen to my place at the university.

Today, September 15, is the deadline to meet my requirements in order to be able to enroll on May 23. How am I supposed to do that if I haven't received my CAS letter? How am I supposed to meet the requirements of having my visa issued if I still haven't been able to apply for it because you haven't given me my CAS letter? How do you expect me to start my classes next September 5 if none of the things have worked correctly?

I have paid my four thousand pounds deposit, I have done the credibillity interview, I have uploaded all the papers to the platform; Why then do I not even receive a response about what is happening with my CAS Letter?

Less than a month before classes start, you don't give me the certainty that I will have a place at the university. I already have a contract with a tenant and a guarantor whom I have paid for a place to stay in the UK. But ironically you have not given me the certainty that I have a place in the university.

Please, I need you to tell me what is happening and what I should do, because it has been a long time since this whole situation got out of control and it is no longer within the established parameters.
Original post by JuanManuelCorrea
A month and a half has passed since the process of issuing my CAS letter began, and today, August 15, 2022, when the deadline to meet my requirements for my enrollment is supposed to be, I have not received it. .

I find it incredible that I have written on different occasions to different departments of the university, including admissions, asking why this is happening, and no one gives me an answer. Nor does anyone answer my emails or give me certainty about what will happen to my place at the university.

Today, September 15, is the deadline to meet my requirements in order to be able to enroll on May 23. How am I supposed to do that if I haven't received my CAS letter? How am I supposed to meet the requirements of having my visa issued if I still haven't been able to apply for it because you haven't given me my CAS letter? How do you expect me to start my classes next September 5 if none of the things have worked correctly?

I have paid my four thousand pounds deposit, I have done the credibillity interview, I have uploaded all the papers to the platform; Why then do I not even receive a response about what is happening with my CAS Letter?

Less than a month before classes start, you don't give me the certainty that I will have a place at the university. I already have a contract with a tenant and a guarantor whom I have paid for a place to stay in the UK. But ironically you have not given me the certainty that I have a place in the university.

Please, I need you to tell me what is happening and what I should do, because it has been a long time since this whole situation got out of control and it is no longer within the established parameters.

Hi @JuanManuelCorrea,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting for CAS after a long time.

I agree with you. It's been a long time since anything has happened and not hearing any news with it being so close to the start of term is frustrating. It's not ideal and at this stage, you should be preparing for your move to the UK and finalising everything. Thank you for expressing your concerns about CAS, as there are many students also in the same shoes as you. It's hard being patient but when your CAS doesn't come through, there are many questions to ask.

As Student Ambassadors (SAs) we support students by providing advice and links for you guys to follow up on but we cannot personally respond to queries regarding your application as we are not authorised to access personal information. This makes it difficult when there are many students like yourselves who are continuously waiting patiently but struggle to get anywhere. Understandably, this is an ongoing issue but this is an ongoing issue for the university. As SAs we try our best to respond to students' queries and we hope you understand. We also hope you understand we are only able to work within our limits. It's likely there are things going on behind the scene that we're not aware of, this, therefore, limits the advice we can provide. It's challenging when a situation like this is out of your control, however, please continue to try your best to with being patient, continue to persevere, and attempt to get in touch with the staff at the university for answers.

I'm told that emailing the university is likely to generate a longer waiting time and that it's advised for students to access Live Chat if they wish to ask questions about their application. Although it's unlikely you will expect an immediate response, the staff is doing what they can to get through as many queries as they can daily so an answer can take a few days at least. Regarding the Live Chat, try to ask about your eligibility to commence online studies to see if you can enroll online. If accepted, an email will be sent out to enroll and be able to access Aula (learning platform) online. This will hopefully help you keep on top of work while waiting for CAS.

Sadly, there is no method that will lead you to communicate with the university directly and quickly. If there is a way, I would have suggested this by now.

Thank you for your time. Please let me know how you get on.

Veronica
(edited 1 year ago)
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending