Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know an email address I can use to try and ask if a passport has been handed in, because I possibly may have lost mine on the Magic Bus yesterday.. apparently I also need a passport to apply for a Provisional Driving Licence which I can't really do now, though I should've done it before I came to uni :p: And why doesn't our university ID cards not have our date of births on anyway??

ReputationRep:
    kinda off topic but...

got on a 142 magic bus yesterday, only had a tenner so i asked if the driver had change for it. he was an asian guy with a strong accent so i couldn't really tell what he was sayin but he gave me a pound n pointed up the road. very confused, it turned out he wanted me to get off the bus in the middle of the road n go n get him a bottle of coke cos he was thirsty! i did it cos i was in a good mood, but the coke cost £1.10 so i had to use my own 10p to get it for him. jumped back on the bus as it held up the traffic n he let me on for free (well it cost me 10p lol).

just thought i'd publicise it, thought it was funny/weird lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDW12)
    kinda off topic but...

got on a 142 magic bus yesterday, only had a tenner so i asked if the driver had change for it. he was an asian guy with a strong accent so i couldn't really tell what he was sayin but he gave me a pound n pointed up the road. very confused, it turned out he wanted me to get off the bus in the middle of the road n go n get him a bottle of coke cos he was thirsty! i did it cos i was in a good mood, but the coke cost £1.10 so i had to use my own 10p to get it for him. jumped back on the bus as it held up the traffic n he let me on for free (well it cost me 10p lol).

You should have told him where to go! How cheeky.

With regards to the question, you should ring 0161 273 3377.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDW12)
    kinda off topic but...

lol how random

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tymbnuip)
    Does anyone know an email address I can use to try and ask if a passport has been handed in, because I possibly may have lost mine on the Magic Bus yesterday.. apparently I also need a passport to apply for a Provisional Driving Licence which I can't really do now, though I should've done it before I came to uni :p: And why doesn't our university ID cards not have our date of births on anyway??
    Magic buses are run by Stagecoach. I dont have an email, but try looking on their website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDW12)
    kinda off topic but...

Reminds me of the Uknorth days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDW12)
    kinda off topic but...

hahahaha one of the drivers let me on for free the other day cos he had no smartrider yellow things left lol

ReputationRep:
    one of my mates said he sometimes gives the drivers £20 notes as payment for single tickets...apparently often they can't be arsed to give out that much change and will let you on for free!

ReputationRep:
    AFAIK you don't need a passport to apply for a provisional license it is just handy because they use your passport number to corroborate the details you put on the form, otherwise you have to provide a copy of your driving license. Also regarding lost property, I think they keep it at one of the bus stations, however i would imagine they would be obliged to report a passport if they found it, they can't really claim they don't know who it belongs to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckieee)
    hahahaha one of the drivers let me on for free the other day cos he had no smartrider yellow things left lol
    Yeah I noticed that they do that fairly frequently, It's a love hate relationship with Magic Bus......They have so much character it's worth going to Uni in Manc just so you can use them.

If you lost something it's worth a check, but there's a 90% chance it's gone forever, sorry.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.