The Student Room Group

why is he ignroing me after using me???

hey slayifiers
so over the summer, i've been flirting/sexting this boy from london. hes soooo hot and this was the first time i ever had a crush on a man. normally they are so boring and i just like the attention. it seemed like it was really going somewhere icl - was really looking forward to visiting him to get it on.
he's been initiating most of the flirty comments (so dom of him) and heavily implying that he wants to 'see' me irl...if you know what i mean. its been going really well, we've been having fun chats. i've been listening to new music for him, and he unfollowed andrew tate for me.
the convo died out on friday, and it is now monday night, and he has not initiated any conversations, despite me initiating the last convo.
i feel played, used, discarded. i feel like he just wanted an ego boost (hes a gemini) from a "very good looking girl" - direct quote.
why is he doing this to me? do you think he read the art of seduction and is using its tactics on me (ignoring me to make me obsessed)? that happened to me and my best friend recently, and shes still recovering.
How do i make him obsessed right back?

love you and hope you're all slaying to the max xx

Scroll to see replies

I am in the same position omg. I like the attention. I don't really reciprocate it, which I guess makes me a bad person lol. But that's all I want it for. At the end of the day, if some guy is sexting a girl he doesn't know on snap, does he really deserve me to stress over him? Probably not. He'll just go and do it to another girl when he's done with me. It feels rough, I know.

I can't seem to get rid of this guy though. He initiates most of our conversations in reply to thingsI put on my private story (i use it like a vlog, lmao) I think the fact that I clearly have a life outside of him makes him want to be involved in it. Just some food for thought :smile:

Keep slaying!
Reply 2
Ignore him and move on.

And star signs are meaningless...
ignoring and moving on from your flop statement. I can enjoy star signs, and your opinion on them has no relevance to the overall post. Your response is exactly what a Sagittarius would say - booringgg.

Stay slaying though xx
(Original post by Surnia)
Ignore him and move on.

And star signs are meaningless...
Original post by Anonymous
hey slayifiers
so over the summer, i've been flirting/sexting this boy from london. hes soooo hot and this was the first time i ever had a crush on a man. normally they are so boring and i just like the attention. it seemed like it was really going somewhere icl - was really looking forward to visiting him to get it on.
he's been initiating most of the flirty comments (so dom of him) and heavily implying that he wants to 'see' me irl...if you know what i mean. its been going really well, we've been having fun chats. i've been listening to new music for him, and he unfollowed andrew tate for me.
the convo died out on friday, and it is now monday night, and he has not initiated any conversations, despite me initiating the last convo.
i feel played, used, discarded. i feel like he just wanted an ego boost (hes a gemini) from a "very good looking girl" - direct quote.
why is he doing this to me? do you think he read the art of seduction and is using its tactics on me (ignoring me to make me obsessed)? that happened to me and my best friend recently, and shes still recovering.

Unfortunately I don't think he's ignoring you in order to make you obsessed with him -- not many people actually do that in reality.
The likelihood is that he's gotten bored, and as someone else replying to this thread has said, he's someone that is sexting a stranger over snap, so he's probably not worth worrying too much about.
The only other option is that he's been very busy, but if he cared about you as much as you did him then he'd have let you know.
It seems like you were using him for attention too, so it's odd that you're acting like the victim.
Unfortunately I don't think he's ignoring you in order to make you obsessed with him -- not many people actually do that in reality.
The likelihood is that he's gotten bored, and as someone else replying to this thread has said, he's someone that is sexting a stranger over snap, so he's probably not worth worrying too much about.
The only other option is that he's been very busy, but if he cared about you as much as you did him then he'd have let you know.

it isnt snap. snap is for 14 year olds and people with trust issues xx
Original post by YaliaV123
It seems like you were using him for attention too, so it's odd that you're acting like the victim.

Hey slay sister!! Totally get how that could come off that way, but I really liked him. now what. xx
it isnt snap. snap is for 14 year olds and people with trust issues xx

Regardless of the platform, the rest of what I said still stands :smile:
Don't pine after a dude. You're better than that.

Also, the fact he was following Andrew Tate initially says a lot. He could be doing the push/pull tactic - but all that sh*t is dumb, immature mind games and not worth engaging in like you said (obsessed stuff). There are plenty of other attractive guys who won't behave like this. Forget about him and move on.
Your response is exactly what a Sagittarius would say - booringgg.

Excuse me?

Anyway, sounds like you both just used each other for attention, and maybe he’s bored or found someone else. It’s only fun for so long. Can’t really complain or do much except move on.
OMG SAGACIOUSSAG!! I love you I'm such a huge fan. I'll listen to anything you say queen xx
Original post by SagaciousSag
Excuse me?

Anyway, sounds like you both just used each other for attention, and maybe he’s bored or found someone else. It’s only fun for so long. Can’t really complain or do much except move on.
Original post by JKML90
Don't pine after a dude. You're better than that.

Also, the fact he was following Andrew Tate initially says a lot. He could be doing the push/pull tactic - but all that sh*t is dumb, immature mind games and not worth engaging in like you said (obsessed stuff). There are plenty of other attractive guys who won't behave like this. Forget about him and move on.

but I really liked him and genuinely thought he wanted something with me.

Thank you for the advice though. It seriously slayed and really put things into perspective. Love you my slay sibling xx
hey slayifiers

dear very good looking girl,
firstly might I point out that women are better and if you ever get bored of men I recommend giving women a try. bisexuality 2.0 has just been released and its better than ever.
but now to your problem at hand, it sounds like one of two things have happened: 1. he has started listening to andrew f***ing tate again and if so you should block his ass. 2. he is playing hard to get and if so you should do the same but slay queen.

all the best xox
but I really liked him and genuinely thought he wanted something with me.

Thank you for the advice though. It seriously slayed and really put things into perspective. Love you my slay sibling xx

Actions speak louder than words. I know you like him and it sucks but any guy who truly cares for how you feel wouldn't treat you like that. They'd *show* that they like you. Even if he does, and he's doing the push/pull - do you seriously want to be in a relationship with a guy who plays mind games? It's exhausting, and there are no winners. It's better to cut him off now before you *do* start getting obsessed with him - because it honestly does work. Just look at the post you're writing, he's on your mind. Just take this as a learning curve to avoid guys in the future who do doltish things like this. That's not how you build a sincere and whatever the antonym of resentful is in a relationship.
Original post by arthur23
dear very good looking girl,
firstly might I point out that women are better and if you ever get bored of men I recommend giving women a try. bisexuality 2.0 has just been released and its better than ever.
but now to your problem at hand, it sounds like one of two things have happened: 1. he has started listening to andrew f***ing tate again and if so you should block his ass. 2. he is playing hard to get and if so you should do the same but slay queen.

all the best xox

Dear arthur23,
Thank you for your response. I'm actually currently testing out the beta version of bisexuality 3.0, and its even better. If you're a woman, maybe we could try it out together :wink:.
I checked - he doesn't follow andrew tate, but he does follow some seriously cringe hashtags (like #carlifestyle, and #sneakerhead). Consider the ick officially received. I think I'll be doing number 2 from now on.

Thank you for the excellent advice and reminder to keep slaying - hope you do the same xx
Original post by JKML90
Actions speak louder than words. I know you like him and it sucks but any guy who truly cares for how you feel wouldn't treat you like that. They'd *show* that they like you. Even if he does, and he's doing the push/pull - do you seriously want to be in a relationship with a guy who plays mind games? It's exhausting, and there are no winners. It's better to cut him off now before you *do* start getting obsessed with him - because it honestly does work. Just look at the post you're writing, he's on your mind. Just take this as a learning curve to avoid guys in the future who do doltish things like this. That's not how you build a sincere and whatever the antonym of resentful is in a relationship.

Thank you for this. I love your eloquence. I think I'm in love with you. Keep slaying xx
Thank you for this. I love your eloquence. I think I'm in love with you. Keep slaying xx

Np babe.
Dear arthur23,
Thank you for your response. I'm actually currently testing out the beta version of bisexuality 3.0, and its even better. If you're a woman, maybe we could try it out together :wink:.
I checked - he doesn't follow andrew tate, but he does follow some seriously cringe hashtags (like #carlifestyle, and #sneakerhead). Consider the ick officially received. I think I'll be doing number 2 from now on.

Thank you for the excellent advice and reminder to keep slaying - hope you do the same xx

Wish you the best with the rest of it!
if i read the word slay again i might just k m s

Quick Reply