Turn on thread page Beta

For a while now iv been questioning the sexuality of my friend. While she claims she is straight, there are many instances where i find myself in awkward situations with her.

My current boyfriend suggested the idea to me at first, and is usually a good judge of people. Now i cant stop thinking about it.

In lessons, i catch her touching my leg or playing with my hair and it makes me feel really uncomfortable. While on a school trip... she suggested showering together and has always had personal vendettas against my boyfriends for NO reason. I might just be imagining this, but how do i go about finding out for sure?

ReputationRep:
    She could just enjoy and find funny making you uncomfortable. You probably won't know for sure until you reciprocate one time.

ReputationRep:
    Little Off-Topic - is it only me who has a heart attack when I see one of these threads and HAS to read it to make sure one of my mates hasn't been blabbing to potential love interests?!? I'm guessing quite probably - I can be paranoid like that! :p:

Sorry, random thoguht that occurred... now onto you.

If does sounds a little suspect, but nothing can be certain... I'd suggest confronting your friend about it, gently mind, and ask her what her feelings are. See what she has to say. Nothing like hearing it from the horses mouth. Make a joke out of it if that's more comfortable "My boyfriend thinks you fancy me! What an idiot... You don't do you?"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. sounds to me..you getting close to you as a friend and teasing you alot because of your awkardness expression you give off to make her laugh. But...another thing is...funny enough..i have a feeling she have some problems shes hiding away. Which is another thing which she may act like that. I suppose she wants everyday to be a fun day but theres IS something i can't put my finger on. You know your friend better than i do..so surely you would know.

Or from another perspective..she might be in the event of curiousity.. funny enough..my girl (friends) may have times touching other lasses and have moments there they you know..go far and experience it with kissing same sex..but lets say..doesn't mean they're just there yet! I bet your friend is questioning her sexuality herself. I'm not expert but my guess she doesnt have a boyfriend at the moment? Has no luck? or any interest? Or maybe she is one clever girl and does have a boyfriend as a cover up.

What could put your misery or curosity..is asking your friend if you don't mind asking her if shes so so...and judge what response she'll give towards you. Thats how i solve it. Only you know your friend best. So best of luck

(Original post by Mattaf)
    Little Off-Topic - is it only me who has a heart attack when I see one of these threads and HAS to read it to make sure one of my mates hasn't been blabbing to potential love interests?!? I'm guessing quite probably - I can be paranoid like that! :p:
    No it's not just you lol I do it all the time. Sometimes I see a thread and panic because it sound just like somebody I know/a situation I've been in and then read the whole thing just to see if it could be about me!!! Kind of pathetic I know but hey...

posting anon because people from college knwo who I am and it would be ambarrasing if they knew I was this paranoid

ReputationRep:
    She may just be being girly... I might not go as far as showering with my friends but I've know girls that do. You're all the same, right? But if it is making you feel unconfortable, then talk to her. Perhaps also ask why she's hostile towards your boyfriends? That could get onto the subject of her fancying you but what Mattaf said would probably be best. Be careful not to hurt her feelings so you'll have to be VERY tactful in what you say and how you say it. Good luck!

PS what will you do if it turns out that she does fancy you? Don't distance yourself from her because that could really hurt her.

ReputationRep:
    Ahah! She loves your boyfriend!! Playing hard to get.. ............... maybe? :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.