The Student Room Group

is a statistics degree employable

Is it better or wore than a pure maths degree in terms of employability/ salary?
Reply 1
I don't have an answer to your question, but I think it could be worth doing a bit of research into what sort of areas/industries would be likely to need pure maths vs. statistics and then decide which one you'd find more appealing. Getting a job is one thing, doing it is another, so it's good to find something you actually like doing / industry you're interested in. I have a colleague who has a degree in maths and their work focus is data science - would that sort of thing, just as an example, appeal to you? NB. I think either of those (pure maths or statistics) will tell a potential employer that you are highly capable and worth having!
Reply 2
Original post by Tiliana
I don't have an answer to your question, but I think it could be worth doing a bit of research into what sort of areas/industries would be likely to need pure maths vs. statistics and then decide which one you'd find more appealing. Getting a job is one thing, doing it is another, so it's good to find something you actually like doing / industry you're interested in. I have a colleague who has a degree in maths and their work focus is data science - would that sort of thing, just as an example, appeal to you? NB. I think either of those (pure maths or statistics) will tell a potential employer that you are highly capable and worth having!

Thank u xx

Quick Reply

Latest