The Student Room Group

Mature Medical Applicants Discussion

Hi all!

As you can probably see from my post history, I've had a long interest in pursuing a career in medicine. Unfortunately I'm not in school anymore so I'm looking for advice on how to get on track towards a career in medicine.

I have forgotten nearly everything from my GCSE's, so I would struggle with an access course. On top of this, certain places such as CONEL College who offer Access into Medicine require you have to a minimum of Grade B in both Maths and English Language GCSE's, I've got a C in both.

I'm looking for some advice/guidance from mature students who went into the path of medicine. How long did it take you before you were an undergrad, what was your plan regarding studying/working, and any tips or tricks to make the process a bit more smoother?

Best regards
Hi,I've just finished an access course with Activate Learning (online). You are able to do refreshers for your English and Maths alongside your course, depending on were you decide to do your course if you choose an access course.The access really isn't hard however, it can be intense as it is a lot of information to take in. You're also able to work through the assignments at your own pace too.
Original post by lauryn1809
Hi,I've just finished an access course with Activate Learning (online). You are able to do refreshers for your English and Maths alongside your course, depending on were you decide to do your course if you choose an access course.The access really isn't hard however, it can be intense as it is a lot of information to take in. You're also able to work through the assignments at your own pace too.

How was your experience? Did you get into Medicine?
I'll take a look, out of curiosity is there any particular reason why you suggested doing A-Levels over Access to Medicine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending