The Student Room Group

Advice for physiotherapy (pre-registration) MSc

I am starting a physiotherapy (pre-registration) MSc in January 2023. I just wanted a brief summary of what to expect and if anyone can suggest subjects to brush up on? I already have a BSc in sports therapy, but I think the nerves are starting to settle in as I've heard it can be a very intense course.
Original post by ANONYMOUS4164233
I am starting a physiotherapy (pre-registration) MSc in January 2023. I just wanted a brief summary of what to expect and if anyone can suggest subjects to brush up on? I already have a BSc in sports therapy, but I think the nerves are starting to settle in as I've heard it can be a very intense course.

It is incredibly intense. Be massively proactive, be organised, and think beyond injured athletes simple straightforward injuries. I did rehab and think to brush up on anatomy expecially nerve innovation and drill down oxford grading. I would avoid respiratory and neuro until you're being taught. Although respiratory and cardiac anatomy would be helpful. Ask anything if you wish to
Original post by anonymous789123
It is incredibly intense. Be massively proactive, be organised, and think beyond injured athletes simple straightforward injuries. I did rehab and think to brush up on anatomy expecially nerve innovation and drill down oxford grading. I would avoid respiratory and neuro until you're being taught. Although respiratory and cardiac anatomy would be helpful. Ask anything if you wish to

My thoughts were to brush up on anatomy, which in turn, should help with the theory behind a lot of the application. Are there any useful learning tools that you would recommend?
Original post by ANONYMOUS4164233
My thoughts were to brush up on anatomy, which in turn, should help with the theory behind a lot of the application. Are there any useful learning tools that you would recommend?

I found linking to conditions the best way to learn. But its hard until you actually see conditions for real. Online quizzes I quite like and they are quick. You will have a a good amount of essays / presentations so depending how your writing is, get into the swing of writing again and upping the level from your undergrad.

Quick Reply

Latest