Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really need a cheap place to stay for one night in london in early december, preferably near the hammersmith apollo, or tube station thats on the same line, or near paddington. I want to make it as cheap as possible, does anybody know anywhere? any hostels?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    do you have any london uni friends? Stay with them? or find someone on here to stay with :p: I doubt you'll find any cheap hostels

im near paddington :ninja:

seriously though, if you cant find anywhere, feel free to pm me

ReputationRep:
    If you want somewhere cheap why not try a university hall?
    Some rent out rooms over xmas...

I know that lse do

http://www.lsevacations.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arisk01)
    do you have any london uni friends? Stay with them? or find someone on here to stay with :p: I doubt you'll find any cheap hostels

im near paddington :ninja:
    hmmm, well the only thing is its not just me, I have another 4 friends with me, so I doubt anybody would want us to squeeze in

we could possibly share 2 beds or bring mats and camp out on the floor..(we've been camping, we've slept much worse!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I really need a cheap place to stay for one night in london in early december, preferably near the hammersmith apollo, or tube station thats on the same line, or near paddington. I want to make it as cheap as possible, does anybody know anywhere? any hostels?
    You're looking at about £45 a night cheapest for B&B etc.

Is that okay, or do you need cheaper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    You're looking at about £45 a night cheapest for B&B etc.

Is that okay, or do you need cheaper?
    cheaper! I know its london and I'm being crazy for saying this, but less than 20/15 quid each. I'm not expecting a 5 star hotel. Although for that price I wouldn't even get a closed down hotel! So we don't mind squeezing in to maybe one or two rooms, but I think that would be a bit dodgey should the hotel people catch us..hmmm. We don't mind hostels either. I just don't want our best option to be to to cause a riot so we can get arrested for the night to have a place to stay!

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in a 'hotel' (basically a hostel with a tv) near hyde park for about £9 a night, sadly I cant remember what it was called, but you even got free breakfast for that price! so there are some cheap places around if you look for them

ReputationRep:
    I have had a search from google, looking for youth hostels . It seems there are loads, but heres a link to one that only charges £12 a night

http://www.piccadillyhotel.net/londo...tels-main.html

There are more as I said. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    You could try the YHA, they have a few hostels in central London, prices about £20 per night - http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommoda...don/index.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Cheap? London?

seriously though, if you cant find anywhere, feel free to pm me
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    i walk past this place every morning on the way to work...
    £15 for a hotel on the main road, a couple of stops on the tube away from hammersmith

don't remember what it's called but it's on gunnersbury lane, acton

be prepared for a crap room btw, doesn't look very impressive from the outside

edit:found a link http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/acto...a571a9d686e039

ReputationRep:
    I stayed at a globetrotter inn which was near hammersmith last december, that was 20 a night in a room with 4 people, would have been cheaper in a room with 6 people. Have a look

http://www.globetrotterinns.com/english/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    I have had a search from google, looking for youth hostels . It seems there are loads, but heres a link to one that only charges £12 a night

http://www.piccadillyhotel.net/londo...tels-main.html

There are more as I said. Hope this helps
    Thanks, although I checked the availablility and for the night I want its £21, I'm pretty annoyed with myself, I'm finding on all the sites if I'd have booked earlier I could've got it alot cheaper.

Also I'm just wondering if anybody has been to a particular hostel that was good, just because we will be walking back late so I don't want to be in a dodgy area..

ReputationRep:

Also I'm just wondering if anybody has been to a particular hostel that was good, just because we will be walking back late so I don't want to be in a dodgy area..
    the one i posted is pretty safe... not sure about actually inside the hotel but the location is definately decent
    it's about 1 minute away from the station, so not much walking, and a busy road with lots of cars and people... plus i walk past it everyday and nothing scary's happened

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, although I checked the availablility and for the night I want its £21, I'm pretty annoyed with myself, I'm finding on all the sites if I'd have booked earlier I could've got it alot cheaper.

The globetrotter I stayed in seemed safe too, and also only about a minute from Stamford Brook tube station.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    i walk past this place every morning on the way to work...
    £15 for a hotel on the main road, a couple of stops on the tube away from hammersmith

don't remember what it's called but it's on gunnersbury lane, acton

be prepared for a crap room btw, doesn't look very impressive from the outside

edit:found a link http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/acto...a571a9d686e039
    It checked it out but it said check in was at 12.00, which we wouldn't be able to make, and if our trin runs late we won't be able to check in until fter we've been to the apollo for the evening

ReputationRep:
    You can stay around mine for free in exchange for sex. good deal, no?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by AshMashMash)
    Cheap? London?

Spoiler:
    Show
    who's that aimed at? me or the OP :p:

ReputationRep:
    who's that aimed at? me or the OP :p:
    damn, my plan's been foiled!:p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    damn, my plan's been foiled!:p:
    this has raised an interesting question in me, if two people rape each other, does that make it consensual?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.