The Student Room Group

where to go for the rest of summer

I still have like a month and a bit before I go to uni. im not waiting for results, and idk what to do with the time. I really need to get out of this house, idk if an airbnb is a good idea just to get away for the time? does anyone know any temporary things to do for this month, like internships or 1 month temp jobs or inclusive type travel things. Ive tried making plans with friends but they're either not wanting to go anywhere or don't want to go with me lmao. Ik it might seem better to stay here and save but I really need to get away, either by moving out for the month or literally any other thing there is. I wouldn't mind staying in a diff city or country for the month its just that ill be solo and its kinda lame yk? idk pls help lmao
Reply 1
Why don't you do a long distance walk? I did the Coast to Coast when I was 18. Probably one of the best things I have ever done. Met lots of other people on route and saw some of Britain's most beautiful countryside. Other long distance walks include:

Pennine Way
Highlands Way
South Coast Coastal Path
Isle of Wight Coastal Path
Dales Way
Cubrian Way
etc
etc

All you need is a tent, sleeping bag, mat and rucksack. If you want to cook your own food, add small stove and pan.

Good luck!
Outside

Quick Reply

Latest