The Student Room Group

will i get stopped in security for carrying beads?

i make jewellery and have a big box of beads, pliers, wire etc that fit in my carry on luggage but will i get stopped for these? should i put them in my drop off luggage instead.
Original post by sapphireA
i make jewellery and have a big box of beads, pliers, wire etc that fit in my carry on luggage but will i get stopped for these? should i put them in my drop off luggage instead.

Pliers aren't allowed in hand luggage at UK airports. See here for confirmation.

You could put the whole box in your checked/hold luggage, or just place the pliers in there. The beads and wire should be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Pliers aren't allowed in hand luggage at UK airports. See here for confirmation.

You could put the whole box in your checked/hold luggage, or just place the pliers in there. The beads and wire should be fine.

thank you i will just pack them all then and not bother carrying them
Probably easiest just to pack them. Not like you're really going to be able to do anything midflight with those anyway. Just picture hitting a spot of turbulence while you're trying to thread beads onto wire - beads everywhere :redface:
Original post by artful_lounger
Probably easiest just to pack them. Not like you're really going to be able to do anything midflight with those anyway. Just picture hitting a spot of turbulence while you're trying to thread beads onto wire - beads everywhere :redface:

I like your tsr name. How did you think that one up?
Original post by Kutie Karen
I like your tsr name. How did you think that one up?

I didn't and can't take credit haha, it was from a book series I read when I was a kid...it had creatures called artful loungers in it, and I liked the sound of it :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest