The Student Room Group

epq title?

Poll

epq?

Hi I've been thinking about some titles for my EPQ over the summer. I have come up with 3 but I'm having trouble deciding which. They are all related to climate change, one is around renewable energy on the effects of climate change, another about impacts of climate change between poorer and richer countries and the last one is about human adaption to climate change. I find all of them interesting but I'm not sure which will be the best to find research for and write the most about! also not sure if they are too broad? pls help!:s-smilie:
Reply 1
Post the actual questions otherwise it's a bit hard to judge
Reply 2
"How effective is renewable energy in reducing the effects of climate change?"
"How are developing countries affected by climate change compared to developed countries?"
"What will the effects of climate change be in the next 100 years & how will humans adapt?"
I might develop them slightly though.

Original post by budzik
Post the actual questions otherwise it's a bit hard to judge
Reply 3
Original post by sjrq
"How are developing countries affected by climate change compared to developed countries?"
"What will the effects of climate change be in the next 100 years & how will humans adapt?"

Those are all very good titles! Idk if I'm being too picky but I remember my epq tutor telling me to start my question with 'To what extent'. That way you can argue the if this is true to a high or low extent for example. If you can't choose, plan a rough outline for each question and pick from that. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by budzik
Those are all very good titles! Idk if I'm being too picky but I remember my epq tutor telling me to start my question with 'To what extent'. That way you can argue the if this is true to a high or low extent for example. If you can't choose, plan a rough outline for each question and pick from that. Good luck!

Ooh that is helpful actually, thank you !! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by sjrq

I think most of these could be too broad. 5000 words sounds like a lot, but it's really not. I will give some examples of how to focus these titles below.
1. "To what extent is [a type of] renewable energy effective in reducing the effects of climate change?".
This is more specific. Looking at all types of renewables could get very broad very fast.

2. Looking at scholar.google.com, and then typing in "climate change developing countries" gave millions of results, many in very different areas. For example, the following areas are effected by climate change: waste management; agriculture; water availability, and many other important areas. I would suggest focusing on one of these fields that particularly interests you.

3. Same thing for this title, I would suggest looking at one particular effect in good depth, or maybe shortening the timeframe. For example, 10 years is far more manageable than 100.

Your suggestions look like interesting project ideas regardless, and as long as you enjoy them you should do well.
Just remember to read the mark scheme before you start, so you know what you are assessed on. What you write about matters less than you may expect (and project management matters more than you may expect).
Reply 6
Original post by urq
I think most of these could be too broad. 5000 words sounds like a lot, but it's really not. I will give some examples of how to focus these titles below.
1. "To what extent is [a type of] renewable energy effective in reducing the effects of climate change?".
This is more specific. Looking at all types of renewables could get very broad very fast.

2. Looking at scholar.google.com, and then typing in "climate change developing countries" gave millions of results, many in very different areas. For example, the following areas are effected by climate change: waste management; agriculture; water availability, and many other important areas. I would suggest focusing on one of these fields that particularly interests you.

3. Same thing for this title, I would suggest looking at one particular effect in good depth, or maybe shortening the timeframe. For example, 10 years is far more manageable than 100.

Your suggestions look like interesting project ideas regardless, and as long as you enjoy them you should do well.
Just remember to read the mark scheme before you start, so you know what you are assessed on. What you write about matters less than you may expect (and project management matters more than you may expect).

Ooh yes I was thinking they were too broad since all the examples I've seen seem more specific, but I wasn't sure so this is useful thank you, I will consider that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending