The Student Room Group

Math requirements for nursing

I am an Indian student who studied math till grade 10, after which i dropped it and opt psychology instead. Will that be enough to meet the requirements of the course of BSc Adult Nursing? If not, will there be any equivalent course or exam that will be provided to let me meet the needed requirements?
Original post by sona_jamess
I am an Indian student who studied math till grade 10, after which i dropped it and opt psychology instead. Will that be enough to meet the requirements of the course of BSc Adult Nursing? If not, will there be any equivalent course or exam that will be provided to let me meet the needed requirements?

You need to check the websites of the universities you'd like to apply to in order to see their exact requirements - they will differ by university.

Maths requirements at GCSE or equivalent are normally non-negotiable for nursing, as they are required by the Nursing and Midwifery Council. There is normally some sort of equivalent allowed but if you're unsure the best thing to do is contact the university. It's worth it to make sure you don't do the wrong qualification and then end up not being eligible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending