The Student Room Group

can i apply to clearing of the same uni as my firm but a diff course?

i want to study psych but my offer is neuroscience at queen mary, my firm. if i dont make the grades and go to clearing can i apply to psych at queen mry instead?
Original post by GSCE student
i want to study psych but my offer is neuroscience at queen mary, my firm. if i dont make the grades and go to clearing can i apply to psych at queen mry instead?

If psych is available in clearing, then sure! However, since you already hold an offer at QUML you may be able to contact the department to change over to psychology before results day if you want to change course now. There is also a chance that you will be offered an alternative course (such as psychology) at QUML if you don't make your grades, but there is no guarantee. I think that your best bet would be to contact the admissions team to see what they say! Best of luck :hugs:

Don’t waste time ot confuse things by trying to use clearing to do this.

just ring them up and ask to switch your course over.
Original post by barror1
If psych is available in clearing, then sure! However, since you already hold an offer at QUML you may be able to contact the department to change over to psychology before results day if you want to change course now. There is also a chance that you will be offered an alternative course (such as psychology) at QUML if you don't make your grades, but there is no guarantee. I think that your best bet would be to contact the admissions team to see what they say! Best of luck :hugs:

i checked complete uni quide, what uni, and now ive checked ucas cuz all were saying diff things. i figure the offical uas thing is more reloiable? well it turns out psych is not on the clreaing list :frown: if i get the grades for nero, hopefully i can change in the first few weeks?
i checked complete uni quide, what uni, and now ive checked ucas cuz all were saying diff things. i figure the offical uas thing is more reloiable? well it turns out psych is not on the clreaing list :frown: if i get the grades for nero, hopefully i can change in the first few weeks?

If you want to swap course at your firm university then clearing vacancies are irrelevant.

Ring them up tomorrow (or send an email now) making the request. The sooner you ask the more likely they will be able to help you
Seconded! Like you *can* release into clearing but there are just too many steps. I would ring before 5pm to beat the rush tomorrow :smile:
Original post by PQ
If you want to swap course at your firm university then clearing vacancies are irrelevant.

Ring them up tomorrow (or send an email now) making the request. The sooner you ask the more likely they will be able to help you
Original post by barror1
Seconded! Like you *can* release into clearing but there are just too many steps. I would ring before 5pm to beat the rush tomorrow :smile:

thank you. actually, there's an option on their portal for offically requesting to swap courses, and it requres a new personal statement. do you think my chances are slim of swapping courses (if i get in) since its relatively last minute?
thank you. actually, there's an option on their portal for offically requesting to swap courses, and it requres a new personal statement. do you think my chances are slim of swapping courses (if i get in) since its relatively last minute?

Sadly I don't work in admissions at your uni, definitely still call them now if you can!
Original post by barror1
Sadly I don't work in admissions at your uni, definitely still call them now if you can!

okay, thank you for ur help :smile:
okay, thank you for ur help :smile:

No problem! Let me know how it goes, best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending