Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Henry Allingham, 112, Harry Patch, 110, and Bill Stone, 108.

and War veteran Bob Schofield after being battered by thugs robbing his home on Sunday after he had returned from a Remembrance day parade.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-fallen.html

ReputationRep:
    Even if it is from the dail mail thats disgusting. I dont understand how people can have no respect for people who took such risks for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pasta_man_beast)
    Even if it is from the dail mail thats disgusting. I dont understand how people can have no respect for people who took such risks for us.
    I dont understand how people can have no respect for people.

ReputationRep:
    Daily mail was just first google link for the picture, I got the story from the Beeb - but yes, terrible

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt make me sick, it makes me want to cry.

that is awful. just sums up todays society, thugs like that should be locked up and the key should be thrown in the Thames.

dont even think i can find words for how disgusted i am.

ReputationRep:
    Sickening. If I was the right sort of person and got hold of the people who did it they'd know about it.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh That's shocking. Not because he's a war veteran, but because he's a human being.

ReputationRep:
    Sickening :mad:
    What kind of scumbag(s) would do such a thing? :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell.

Although, on a slightly lighter note, those guys at the top aren't looking too bad for 100+.

ReputationRep:
    poor thing

people like that revolt me... i really don't understand how they can do things like that/live with themselves/justify it :no:

ReputationRep:
    I read the book with them in.
    That is pretty sick, why did they do that? On rememberance day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellslikemarmite)

Although, on a slightly lighter note, those guys at the top aren't looking too bad for 100+.
    yeah, they're looking good for their age, so adorable too...
    :sadnod: my great grandmother's brother is 107, and he definitely is looking worse for wear though

ReputationRep:
    yeah but these old folke do have a habbit of being a bit lairy dont they

ReputationRep:
    It's horrible when this happens to anyone, not just old war veterans.

ReputationRep:
    That's so horrible. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    That's ******* disgusting. I don't see how someone could do that to another human? Scum.

ReputationRep:
    It is horrific, but I don't think it's any worse because the guy they happened to beat up was a war veteran. I presume the people who did it had no idea who the old man was, they were just looking for a victim. Every person deserves respect enough to not be beaten up, and regardless of what someone has done in the past it's tragic when they are victims of mindless violence.

ReputationRep:
    Just scum.

Urgh, I wanna round up some people and get hold of these guys and ............... :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Poor old guy

ReputationRep:
    How could anyone do that to an old man? =/ It's sickening.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.