Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    to go to universty?

ReputationRep:
    4 years of shelter from having to face real life, responsibility, and the credit crunch.

ReputationRep:
    because everyone else is doing it.
    seems stupid, but if everyone else is swanning around with degrees then my piddly little national diploma is gonna seem pretty worthless.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to uni for the experience, and I should get a job at the end of it... and I get to do a year of paid professional training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .pushing.charlotte.)
    because everyone else is doing it.
    seems stupid, but if everyone else is swanning around with degrees then my piddly little national diploma is gonna seem pretty worthless.

And this ^^^

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually interested in learning more about my chosen subject.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    am I actually one of the only people wanted to go to uni to learn more about my subject? (with the added advantage of getting a good job at the end)

EDIT: damn, beaten to it.

ReputationRep:
    In this order:

1. Because its the right, sensible thing to do
    2. To improve my social life
    3. To get a stable career at the end of it

ReputationRep:
    What I want to do in life doesn't require a degree, I'm just getting one for the lulz (read: backup).

ReputationRep:
    For the education and the overall experience. Not for the degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davireland)
    am I actually one of the only people wanted to go to uni to learn more about my subject? (with the added advantage of getting a good job at the end)

EDIT: damn, beaten to it.
    What? people want to go to uni to learn rather than to get pissed?!?!?!

and some people thought ex-polys were damaging the degree brand....

ReputationRep:
    I had nothing better to do?

ReputationRep:
    To continue my education
    To learn
    To better my chances of a decent career
    To have a good social life & meet my future husband HAHA

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm not there yet, but I will go, just because I've never considered any alternative tbh. The thought of going straight to work after college terrifies me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PointeShoes-x)
    Well I'm not there yet, but I will go, just because I've never considered any alternative tbh. The thought of going straight to work after college terrifies me.
    :ditto:
    It's just always been something that I 'need' to do.
    Plus, I like being a student. The longer the better.
    That and, being able to move out for university.
    Independence.

ReputationRep:
    - because i actually enjoy learning about the subjects i'm interested in :eek2:
    - for the experience
    - better job prospects for the fiel i would like to go into, basically u can't be a doctor without the degree now
    - haven't even thought of not going to uni, as opposed to choosing to go to uni...

ReputationRep:
    Cause I want to be a doctor and heal people and pull nurses.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing better to do.

ReputationRep:
    Because in the current economic crises I think I would feel a bit left out if I too didn't have a massive debt problem by the time I was 25

And the learning thing I guess....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My college tutors persuaded me to and as I didn't have anything else lined up upon finishing college, I thought I might as well go to uni.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.