The Student Room Group

Student Finance Application - Tuition Fee Loan Rejected

Hi All,I am feeling distressed right now. The Student Finance England (SFE) have emailed me saying that they will not be able to give me tuition fee loan.From 2017-2019 I did study Psychology at University Of Westminster but dropped out due to mental health reasons.In 2020, when I applied for Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences FdSc degree at Kingston University with the hopes of transferring into mPharm I was informed by SFE that they will fund for 4 years but I will have to pay for the foundation year myself.I sent evidence to SFE to prove that I was going through mental health struggles and my evidence was accepted and I received an email from them saying I will receive additional funding for the 2020/2021 academic year.However, I am having problems again with SFE regarding tuition fee loans. I applied for tuition fee loan with SFE for mPharm including foundation year degree (B231 UCAS code). I put that I am going into my 2nd year of mPharm, but I am not sure if foundation year counts as year 1 or year 0.I spoke to SFE on the phone, and they said I am eligible for 3 years of funding. I replied saying I need funding for year 2, 3 and 4 and asked why my application is being rejected. The customer assistant admitted there has been a fault in their system. My application is under review right now. I should receive an update on my application within 10 working days.I have sent an email attachment referring to the email that I received from SFE (from 2020) regarding how much funding I should get, and my evidence being accepted.Can anyone give me advice?
Original post by shimmyxox
Hi All,I am feeling distressed right now. The Student Finance England (SFE) have emailed me saying that they will not be able to give me tuition fee loan.From 2017-2019 I did study Psychology at University Of Westminster but dropped out due to mental health reasons.In 2020, when I applied for Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences FdSc degree at Kingston University with the hopes of transferring into mPharm I was informed by SFE that they will fund for 4 years but I will have to pay for the foundation year myself.I sent evidence to SFE to prove that I was going through mental health struggles and my evidence was accepted and I received an email from them saying I will receive additional funding for the 2020/2021 academic year.However, I am having problems again with SFE regarding tuition fee loans. I applied for tuition fee loan with SFE for mPharm including foundation year degree (B231 UCAS code). I put that I am going into my 2nd year of mPharm, but I am not sure if foundation year counts as year 1 or year 0.I spoke to SFE on the phone, and they said I am eligible for 3 years of funding. I replied saying I need funding for year 2, 3 and 4 and asked why my application is being rejected. The customer assistant admitted there has been a fault in their system. My application is under review right now. I should receive an update on my application within 10 working days.I have sent an email attachment referring to the email that I received from SFE (from 2020) regarding how much funding I should get, and my evidence being accepted.Can anyone give me advice?

Hi there,

If there has been an error on the system and this has been referred to be reviewed by an assessor, you would need to contact us directly for us to be able to advise further. You would be best allowing the 10 working day timescale as the assessors will update you directly.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending