The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Parking permits

3 of the people in my house want to bring their car to uni this year, and we saw you can apply for 2 resident permits + a visitor. Does anyone know if you could get a visitors permit and then just use it year round for one of the residents?
Original post by TheYear2056
3 of the people in my house want to bring their car to uni this year, and we saw you can apply for 2 resident permits + a visitor. Does anyone know if you could get a visitors permit and then just use it year round for one of the residents?

Hi :smile:

Not a Cardiff student or grad but I am a local Cardiff resident. It's quite hard to find info about it at the moment, not helped by the fact that the council appear to be moving to digital permits, but as yet I can't find any info that says you can't.

https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/resident/Parking-roads-and-travel/Parking-permits/digital-parking-permits/Pages/default.aspx

However two things:

First, if you're living in a house that's been converted to multiple dwellings (e.g. flats) then council policy is that no parking permits will be issued to any of those flats.

Second, my plea as someone who lives not far from the uni, please consider whether you all need to be bringing a separate car, or bringing a car at all. If you only want to travel around the city, the public transport (plus options like rental bikes) is good. If every house wanted to park three cars on the street, there simply would not be room. Is there really enough space to reliably be able to park three cars near where you're living?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest