The Student Room Group

Urgent help required!

Hello,
1 am in a confusing time a the moment, I'm pretty
sure I have failed my GCSES and am considering
homeschooling myself to re do them and do A
levels. Basically as a future career I want to do
something like architecture, so I was hoping to find a part- time job like it, something in design while I get homeschooled. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? I'm 17. I'll get my results on the 25th, so what I was gonna study in college was 3 dimensional design, media studies and business. I've applied for those yes. Thank you
Original post by Daisy564
Hello,
levels. Basically as a future career I want to do something like architecture, so I was hoping to find a part- time job like it, something in design while I get homeschooled. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? I'm 17. I'll get my results on the 25th, so what I was gonna study in college was 3 dimensional design, media studies and business. I've applied for those yes. Thank you

Which GCSEs were you taking?
When you say "I have failed", do you mean you think you got all Us, or something else?
Reply 2
The adult education colleges which mostly do the GCSE and alevels at night are open to you from 18 years old. It means you can work during the day and study at night. Some courses are at the weekend, it just depends on the college.

The other option is the Open University. They are online degrees and diplomas. Just like a normal university and cheaper. The OU also have a website that cover Alevels.

Do shop around for a decent price as a lot of the gcse and alevels vary a lot in cost. Your local council maybe able to tell you your local adult education college.

Oh if you get lower then a 4 in maths or English they are free to resit at said adult education college.

There are a lot of options.

Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by 04MR17
Which GCSEs were you taking?
When you say "I have failed", do you mean you think you got all Us, or something else?

Well it’s just I need to pass all the exams to be able to go into A levels. I don’t know if I’ve passed them all
Well it’s just I need to pass all the exams to be able to go into A levels. I don’t know if I’ve passed them all

Just wait until next Thursday :smile:

Right - chin up. You haven't failed anything yet, and don't start wishing it either! :tongue:

Not knowing is the hard part, when we know exactly what grades we have, that's when we know what are options are. Before that information is available there's nothing I can really tell you apart from keep smiling, there's joy in life everyday and you have got this!

#FindYourFuture
Hello,
levels. Basically as a future career I want to do
something like architecture, so I was hoping to find a part- time job like it, something in design while I get homeschooled. Does anyone know where I can find such a thing? I'm 17. I'll get my results on the 25th, so what I was gonna study in college was 3 dimensional design, media studies and business. I've applied for those yes. Thank you

Heya!
There's still time for you to get your results so don't set yourself to failure already. Who knows, perhaps you had all straight As (fingers crossed!) :smile: s long as you get a 5 or a 6 and above, universities will be happy (depending on their entry requirements!). Usually, top unis want a 6 in English and Maths (though this may vary always double check!!)

Regarding part-time jobs, you could try searching on job websites such as Indeed and see if they offer something similar you are looking for. If you need any help Study Mind offers free resources and tutoring if that helps!

Good luck!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 7
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
There's still time for you to get your results so don't set yourself to failure already. Who knows, perhaps you had all straight As (fingers crossed!) :smile: s long as you get a 5 or a 6 and above, universities will be happy (depending on their entry requirements!). Usually, top unis want a 6 in English and Maths (though this may vary always double check!!)

Regarding part-time jobs, you could try searching on job websites such as Indeed and see if they offer something similar you are looking for. If you need any help Study Mind offers free resources and tutoring if that helps!

Good luck!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

IVE PASSED THEM ALL!! So yes this must have been me over thinking and being over dramatic. Many apologies
IVE PASSED THEM ALL!! So yes this must have been me over thinking and being over dramatic. Many apologies

Congrats!!! Go and celebrate!
Reply 9
Well done. Onwards and upwards.

Quick Reply

Latest