The Student Room Group

Biotechnology undergrad or biology bsc

Should I do an undergrad in biology then a masters in biotechnology or just do the biotech degree straight away? Answer quickly please I need to apply through clearing in 8 hours
Do you only want to study biotechnology or can you see yourself studying and enjoying other bioscience topics. If you're interested in "small" biology (cellular and subcellular) have you considered biochemistry?

Also important to consider that depending on university the degrees may have a universal first year which would allow you to make a more specific decision once you'd learnt bioscience at a university level.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
I initially wanted to do biology because I enjoy it and idk if I definitely want to do biotechnology after uni. I also can’t do biochemistry as I didn’t do chemistry a level.

The first year for biotech also looks more specific so I don’t think it’s universal. I wanted someone doing a biotech degree or already done one to tell me if it’s worth it tbh.
Original post by AB1103
Do you only want to study biotechnology or can you see yourself studying and enjoying other bioscience topics. If you're interested in "small" biology (cellular and subcellular) have you considered biochemistry?

Also important to consider that depending on university the degrees may have a universal first year which would allow you to make a more specific decision once you'd learnt bioscience at a university level.

Quick Reply