The Student Room Group

Releasing myself into clearing from a locked-in choice

I just got the results I need for my first choice university, which is in another country so it doesn't use UCAS. I put my second choice (which is in the UK) as a firm, and now I need to release myself into clearing to stop the choice from being locked in. How do I do that?
Original post by chaoyangtea
I just got the results I need for my first choice university, which is in another country so it doesn't use UCAS. I put my second choice (which is in the UK) as a firm, and now I need to release myself into clearing to stop the choice from being locked in. How do I do that?

So you mean you don't want to go to uni in the UK at all? If that's the case, you need to ring either UCAS or the uni in question and ask them to release you from your place

Hi :smile:

Just to clarify, you no longer want to attend any university in the UK (either the firm or any through clearing?)

Hey @chaoyangtea

Did you manage to sort this? :smile:

Huge congrats on your results today, I hope you're feeling very proud!

Becky
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Hi :smile:

Just to clarify, you no longer want to attend any university in the UK (either the firm or any through clearing?)

Yes.
Yes.

Ok! So you need to withdraw your application from university. To do this, you need to contact the university you are placed at and let them know you wish to cancel your application - you can also do this through Ucas.

More info is here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing/declining-your-firm-place

I hope you have a wonderful time at your first choice uni! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending