Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    but surely on that logic god intended me to be gay and so how can he not accept me to heaven?!

ReputationRep:
    Someone was arguing that apparently even if your gay but don't act on it then there is no reason for you to go to hell cuz well you can't control your feelings now can you but if you don't do anything about it ... how are you wrong?

Anyway who knows whose going to hell ... maybe every single one of us, gay or straight??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_jenko)
    I was watching an episode of Louis Theroux the other night when he visited that family in america that have some crazily strong religious beliefscrazily strong religious beliefs on how Gods punishing everyone. They raise some pretty good points which made me doubt my beliefs. Am i really going to hell for being gay?
    Er, believing that you'll go to hell for being gay is not exactly a crazily strong religious belief. It's probably something most Christian churches would agree with...I said most. Not all.

ReputationRep:
    I was watching an episode of Louis Theroux the other night when he visited that family in america that have some crazily strong religious beliefs on how Gods punishing everyone. They raise some pretty good points which made me doubt my beliefs. Am i really going to hell for being gay?
    Er, believing that you'll go to hell for being gay is not exactly a crazily strong religious belief. It's probably something most Christian churches would agree with...I said most. Not all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muel86)
    wasnt aids gods way of getting rid of gays?
    No; it was God's solution for getting rid of a certain species of monkey, to which we were simply the unfortunate collateral. In much the same way as Hurricane Katrina was originally sent to punish Mrs. Smith of Mulberry Terrace, and 9/11 'targetted' George W. Bush.

God is nothing if not indiscriminate.

ReputationRep:
    As an Atheist, this thread is a delight to read

ReputationRep:
    Gah. Double post. Silly girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikimoto)
    Divout christians maybe, but if you asked the average church-goer, I don't think they'd condemn all gays to hell.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you do end up in hell you'll be in good company, I imagine the gay scene there would be buzzing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    That would only make sense if only gay couples could contract HIV.
    Remember, God hates both **** and "fag-enablers".

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously, how can they say that sort of thing with a straight face?

ReputationRep:
    I heard if you talk to a gay, you go to hell. So I'm staying away from this thread in future.

What, the Phelps family? Don't listen to them, they're just mindless bigots. You aren't going to hell.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you're going straight to hell where you'll be partying with Freddie Mercury all night long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neurotripsy)
    What, the Phelps family? Don't listen to them, they're just mindless bigots. You aren't going to hell.
    They're not mindless bigots. Stop listening to your preacher and open the book they claim is the word of God. In it you will see clear references to homosexuality as evil and sinful.

I'm an atheist who couldn't care less which team people bat for, but please stop spreading the lie that Christianity isn't homophobic, because the book it accepts as the truth claims it is - regardless of what your "vicar" says. He can't undo something he claims as the truth now can he - can't even reinterpret the book either, since it's pretty damning and unambiguous.

ReputationRep:
    Read Dante's The Divine Comedy THAT will make you think,and no you will not go to hell for being gay darling,unless you're this guy that i know and hate and is coincidentally homosexual( i'll take him down to hell with me if i have to)

ReputationRep:
    Well the bible and most religious texts say homosexuality is evil and a sin, so if hell does in fact exist, you're going there.
    It's got nothing to do with whether it's a bigoted viewpoint or not.

If there is a hell...an awful lot of people would be sending their bags to hell really. So if you are, meh, it's probably a better party than if you were to go up to heaven...imagine the rules they'd have there. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    These people make me think Heaven is no fun at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    This is just one reason I hate religion. These people are intolerant and bigoted. But they're only following the Bible.

Lol! irony.

ReputationRep:
    I was watching an episode of Louis Theroux the other night when he visited that family in america that have some crazily strong religious beliefs on how Gods punishing everyone. They raise some pretty good points which made me doubt my beliefs. Am i really going to hell for being gay?
    Of course you are! I dunno about you, but I quite like the idea of being sodomised by Satan... IN YOUR FACE WESTBORO!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.