The Student Room Group

a level

I got my results and i'm not happy I want to resit all my 3 A levels Is there any resits in november 2022?
Original post by simys
I got my results and i'm not happy I want to resit all my 3 A levels Is there any resits in november 2022?

If you don’t mind me asking, what were your results? You can go into clearing and find a spot there if you missed your offer.

However if you really want to resit, you can go to your school and ask if they’re holding resits.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
BBD that's what i got and i really want to apply for medicine,im thinking if i could resit in November as Im taking a gap year anyway.
Original post by simys

There will be no resits for A levels in England until summer 2023

There will be exams for international A levels in November 2022 as usual, the timetables are on the examiner web sites.
Reply 4
then I will have to resit in summer,thank you for the information.
Original post by simys
then I will have to resit in summer,thank you for the information.

There is another alternative. You could look at pathways to medicine programmes, they usually have lower grade requirements and some of them don’t have subject requirements so you can do that if you don’t feel like resitting.

Just another option for you.
Reply 6
Also,another question as im taking a gap year should I apply for september 2023 with predicted grades given by a private tutor as I dont want to apply with these grades or apply for september 2024?
Original post by simys
BBD that's what i got and i really want to apply for medicine,im thinking if i could resit in November as Im taking a gap year anyway.

Hey @simys

I have heard that some medical school do not accept resits and some that do require the original grades to have been above a certain threshold. I would recommend researching into medical schools that accept resits before you fully commit to this pathway.

Good luck,
Rebecca
Reply 8
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey @simys

I have heard that some medical school do not accept resits and some that do require the original grades to have been above a certain threshold. I would recommend researching into medical schools that accept resits before you fully commit to this pathway.

Good luck,
Rebecca

thank you for the heads up
Original post by simys
Also,another question as im taking a gap year should I apply for september 2023 with predicted grades given by a private tutor as I dont want to apply with these grades or apply for september 2024?

You can apply for september 2023 with your predicted grades from your tutor if you complete and get the actual grades on 2023 results day.
Original post by simys

Unfortunatly not. You'll have to resit in May-June 2023.

If you want to go to university next year then apply and see what happens.
Another option could be to do a related subject (ie. biomed) and then do a graduate medicine course! It would save worrying about resits, but it is much more competitive to get into than Undergraduate entry medicine course.
Original post by simys

Heya! I believe you would need to resit the a-levels next summer sadly :frown: As stated by others, check if resists are OK for the uni of your choice!

What about your insurance choice? Have you got an offer for them? I heard people do Biomed or related courses and then go for graduate medicine and it works out for them.

If you want to resit and need some revision material then do check out this link for free bio and chem resources if it helps!

Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind
it hard to find the uni that takes resit ~~
the best thing is that try calling uni out and see what they see
meet their career adviser and try getting admissions
most of the uni accepts as my friends were able to get in

Quick Reply

Latest