Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, I thought it were about time I started writing my personal statement for my PGCE application and I'm a bit stuck on how to structure it. How did you guys do it, and did you mainly talk about your experiences in school?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I started off with an intro about why I wanted to teach, then a bit about my degree and a bit about national curriculum subjects. Then the bulk of my statement was about my experiences at school, before a conclusion. When you've written it, post it in the PS help forum on here

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that. It's a big help

ReputationRep:
    As it's a PGCE statement the majority of it does need to be related directly to teaching, your experiences and how you have gained from that. The opening should reflect your enthusiasm for teaching and explain concisely why you want to teach. Discuss your experiences in depth and perhaps add in a bit about any extra-curricular interests that could be useful. You could mention any government initatives that impact on your subject and anything that shows you have an interest in the whole education picture.

If you do post it in PS Help a KT says, I imagine it'll be me who will look over it for you .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexysax)
    As it's a PGCE statement the majority of it does need to be related directly to teaching, your experiences and how you have gained from that. The opening should reflect your enthusiasm for teaching and explain concisely why you want to teach. Discuss your experiences in depth and perhaps add in a bit about any extra-curricular interests that could be useful. You could mention any government initatives that impact on your subject and anything that shows you have an interest in the whole education picture.

If you do post it in PS Help a KT says, I imagine it'll be me who will look over it for you .
    Thanks for that sexysax, that's really helpful. Will crack on with writing it as soon as I've finished these darn essays :rolleyes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.