The Student Room Group

Predicted grades

So I took maths, biology and chemistry as my A levels and I just got the results. I got ums 256 in maths, 245 in chemistry and 260 in biology. What do you guys think about my predicted grades?
Original post by Erickim000
So I took maths, biology and chemistry as my A levels and I just got the results. I got ums 256 in maths, 245 in chemistry and 260 in biology. What do you guys think about my predicted grades?

Hi :smile:

Bit confused, am I right in thinking you've finished your A-levels and those are your final grades?
Reply 2
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)Hi :smile:

Bit confused, am I right in thinking you've finished your A-levels and those are your final grades?

No I just finished my AS and I heard that we apply for university with our predicted grades which will be given by the teachers
Original post by Erickim000
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)Hi :smile:

No I just finished my AS and I heard that we apply for university with our predicted grades which will be given by the teachers

Ah I see! So those are your AS results?

That is correct. It's kind of up to your teachers/school how they want to predict the grades. It's worth going and talking to them about how it works and what they're likely to be.
Reply 4
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Hi :smile:

I am applying for history in the upcoming UCAS cycle. I have just received my AS grades today and I have received AAAB. However the B was unfortunately in History and genuinely 1 mark off an A. I am planning on applying for Oxbridge, however this result has thrown me off. Let's say I am predicted an A*, will this be suspect due to my lower mark in History AS? I need some advice on how much this matters/ alters the chances of getting into oxbridge.

Quick Reply

Latest