Turn on thread page Beta

Foods before working out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can eating toast with jam on before running bring on an hypoglycimia attack (too much sugar)? Or is jam supposed to be good before running?

What foods are best to eat before exercising?

ReputationRep:
    Best food to eat is carbs for energy wait for an hour or two if it is a heavy meal. This lets it digest so you won't be having stomach craps or throwing up food when you are doing your cardio. Food such as starch pasta, porridge depending on how long your exercising. Don't eat food to excess as you will tend to drink more when excercising and your tummy will become bloated.

Jam and toast is fine. I had it once before, before going to gym and did not have any attack. Just don't eat the whole jam jar and then you be fine.

ReputationRep:
    What about peanut butter?

ReputationRep:
    High GI carbs are fine for short burst of energy, but low GI carbs in advance are preferable.

If you ARE planning the short term sugars route, be aware that when the concentration of sugars in the stomach rises above a certain level, the body prioritises the stomach for fluids, causing you to become more dehydrated outside of the stomach!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunnydazzleeyes)
    stomach craps
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    when i work out its always first thing in the morning , so i have an apple and then drink water with some lemon in there, usually do the cross trainer for an hour ...is that good?

ReputationRep:
    Cup of caffeine and a banana. Has worked every time 30 mins before running.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I have a quick soup lunch before rushing to the gym in my free few hours. Should probably wait a little longer but I don't have the time!! I don't know why eating jam would do anything harmful? Surely you lose sugar when you exercise..?

ReputationRep:
    Damn and there's me thinking protein was the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    I normally drink about 100g of oats and 60g of whey 1/2 before I leave.

ReputationRep:
    Banana and sometimes a small glass of an innocent smoothie of some form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    I normally drink about 100g of oats and 60g of whey 1/2 before I leave.
    Bebbs. So hardcore he drinks dry food.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.