Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Buy a PS3 before Xmas or wait till after Xmas sales? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I get one month holiday for Xmas which starts on december 14th. Is it worth waiting for the boxing day sales.. and for a week and a bit wishing i had a ps3 to play with.

OR

do i buy the ps3 asap and be happy, until i see theyve got some amazing new ps3 bundle and i couldve saved so much more money if i only had the patience to wait a bit longer.

I want to get on with my work and this is really distracting me, therefore theres only one thing i can do...

YOU DECIDE...........

ReputationRep:
    wait and see what santa brings!... paitents are a virtue!...

nah really wait and if not get one bargan in the sales!

ReputationRep:
    u could buy it... not open it...if another better deal comes along, return it and buy the better one :dontknow: depends on how much patience u've got

i would wait tbh

ReputationRep:
    Will a ps3 even be cheaper in the sales?
    i thought you would get better deals before christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tami*)
    u could buy it... not open it...if another better deal comes along, return it and buy the better one :dontknow: depends on how much patience u've got

i would wait tbh
    Are u serious!?! buy it and not open it...! just imagine me sitting there, for like 12 days with an unopened ps3 infront of me. I dont think id be able to hold myself lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgie_Mc)
    Will a ps3 even be cheaper in the sales?
    i thought you would get better deals before christmas?
    i always thought sales = cheaper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desert Eagle)
    Are u serious!?! buy it and not open it...! just imagine me sitting there, for like 12 days with an unopened ps3 infront of me. I dont think id be able to hold myself lol
    lol that's very true, i doubt i would either... just another one of those thing which are way easier said than done :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desert Eagle)
    i always thought sales = cheaper?
    I guess
    but do PS3's go on the sale?
    They are still pretty popular, and loads of people will be wanting them after they have got christmas money!

I dunno, maybe some shops do have better deals.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my brother chipped in for one last year, after Christmas, January time. I looked online and there honestly wasn't that much sales on for them.

The consoles were really expensive to produce, and sonys profit margin on them must be narrow if not, non existent. I don't think it's likely that you'll see pounds slashed off the price, more than likely you'll see offers involving games and accessories.

It depends if you want a free non official controller or other junk. As for games, they can be brought cheaply on places such as amazon marketplace.

ReputationRep:
    i think im gona buy it before so i can play it before christmas as well. hopefully the price doesnt go down.. or even better hopefully the price goes up!

ReputationRep:
    Buy it now. They might be sold out after Xmas.

ReputationRep:
    Last year, the PS3's went up just after Christmas.

Might be a good idea to buy it now, before the Christmas rush happens..

Usually better deal(s) before christmas anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be cheaper than xmas. Considering it's gone from almost £500 to £300 over the past few years, I can't imagine they'll slash the prices much more. I've certainly never seen ps3 bundles on sale. They seem to sell well enough themselves anyway!

In other words BUY IT NOW

ReputationRep:
    However, Sony has moved to rule out any chance that it will be cutting the price of its console this side of Christmas. According to Sony Computer Entertainment president Kazuro Hirai, in discussion with the Financial Times, "The answer is yes, if you're asking, 'Are these the prices we're going with this Christmas?'”

http://www.denofgeek.com/games/12932...price_cut.html

ReputationRep:
    I doubt prices are gonna change much in Jan. usually you can find good bundle deals for the run up for Christmas

Last year I got Assassin Creed and Uncharted n Ps3 = £299 @ GAME. I seen GAME advertising a ps3, gta4 and mgs4 for £299 this year, you cant beat that really :top:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.