The Student Room Group

Resitting A levels 2023

Who else didn't quite get the grades they wanted and is probably going to resit? Let's all cry together
For me it was that I needed AAA for newcastle medical school but I got AAB, the B in chem :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by sealaandians
Who else didn't quite get the grades they wanted and is probably going to resit? Let's all cry together
For me it was that I needed AAA for newcastle medical school but I got AAB, the B in chem :frown:

Hi I was wondering if unis allow a level resits for medicine? I got ABB and am thinking of going to biomed now.
Reply 2

Yes I didn’t get my grades either :frown:
I tried calling my firm choice but it went onto clearing. I have now emailed them asking to reconsider. But my other option more likely to happen is resitting next summer. I’m crying about the thought of revising for a levels all over again!

Heya! I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the grades you aimed for :frown: Try not to focus on it too much and make sure to distract yourself. Go for a walk, talk to your friends and etc. This isn't the end!

Does your university choice offer clearing/ foundation? What about your insurance uni choices? I would recommend talking to your school about what options you have and if you want to do resits then what are the next steps you should take.

Don't forget to take care of yourself too! Drink some tea, go on a walk and have something sweet as you still did an amazing job at your a-levels :smile:

Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Hey @sealaandians

I'm sorry to hear you didn't quite get the grades you wanted, but I just wanted to say a huge congrats on the grades you did get - that's amazing! I hope you're feeling very proud of your accomplishments!

You have plenty of options, so explore them all carefully. Don't panic or rush. Have you spoken to your school or had a look in Clearing? Just wanted to check in and see how you were feeling now and what you were thinking to do.

Whatever decision you decide to make I wish you the very best of luck :smile:

Becky

Hi,

I am really sorry to hear you did not get the grades you wanted but massive congratulations for getting this far nonetheless! You have clearly studied and revised a lot and that will not go unnoticed.

At this point you have plenty of options and it is recommended to reach out to your preferred university and see what they can offer you as some schools may be flexible. You can also reach out to your college to discuss further steps as you may be able to reseat your Chemistry exam. I found this article on the government that you may find useful in gathering information to decide what to do next: https://educationhub.blog.gov.uk/2021/08/06/i-didnt-get-the-grades-i-need-what-do-i-do-now/

Again, congratulations on getting those amazing grades and best of luck!

Tracy :smile:
UKC Rep
Reply 6
Is it possible to get them remarked ?
Original post by xiron
Is it possible to get them remarked ?

Hi - you would have to speak with your college and ask for an appeal from the exam board. They won't be able to remark them but they can assess you teacher's marking to see if your grade was reasonable or not and they will inform you of their decision to raise or lower the grade. If you prefer to reseat it altogether, I believe your school will have the details on how to go about that.

I hope this was helpful!

Tracy :smile:
UKC Rep

How close were you to the grade boundary for the A in chemistry? If it's close there may be some options for you!
Original post by Nithu56
Hi I was wondering if unis allow a level resits for medicine? I got ABB and am thinking of going to biomed now.

A lot do which is why I'm probably going to do it- what I've heard btw, no offence, is that doing graduate entry medicine is worse because its much more competitive to get into.
Original post by Js1223
Yes I didn’t get my grades either :frown:
I tried calling my firm choice but it went onto clearing. I have now emailed them asking to reconsider. But my other option more likely to happen is resitting next summer. I’m crying about the thought of revising for a levels all over again!

****ing same here mate. If 2 years of school got me a B what's 1 year of sitting in my room gonna do? Bit sad but only other option is going abroad
Original post by Nithu56

It depends which uni you are looking at. Some medical schools will accept resits, others will have certain conditions :smile:
****ing same here mate. If 2 years of school got me a B what's 1 year of sitting in my room gonna do? Bit sad but only other option is going abroad

You had to spend those 2 years balancing 3 A Levels, if you spend1 year focusing on 1 A Level, chances are you'll do a lot better.

Good luck
Reply 13
I received ABB and am planning to resit two subjects to achieve AAA. When exactly would you sit resits if you were to do them for 2023 entry to university?
Original post by muzusa
I received ABB and am planning to resit two subjects to achieve AAA. When exactly would you sit resits if you were to do them for 2023 entry to university?

may/june
Original post by barror1
How close were you to the grade boundary for the A in chemistry? If it's close there may be some options for you!

I am 1 mark off my needed chemistry mark :frown:
Reply 16
Definitely put in for a priority remark. See if you can get the breakdown of marks for the different papers to identify which is most likely to lead to an upgrade or which is most surprising. Did your school/college not tell you about this, considering g you are so close to the boundary and everything hangs on that mark?

If you get an upgrade they will honour your place. Email them again to tell them you are only 1 mark off and having a review (remark) of the paper.

Huge amounts of good luck. You just never know!

Quick Reply

Latest