Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It says on the LSE website somewhere that there is not specific word limit, but that you should make it between 2-3 pages. Someone else told me that it used to be 1,500 words which sounds roughly the same.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 1584 words... about 2 and 2/3 pages. Now I have great difficulty summarizing it for my Cambridge application!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 966 words. 1.5 pages
    I felt that writing over 2 pages was a little too much. One of my friends got in and wrote only 1 page.

ReputationRep:
    When does LSE Admissions reopen, i.e. tell more people if they got in or not? :confused: I'm tired of checking the online status of my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by degree-hunter)
    When does LSE Admissions reopen, i.e. tell more people if they got in or not? :confused: I'm tired of checking the online status of my application.
    5th January. There's no point in checking the online status now because it won't change til the 5th or possibly a week after that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCONNER)
    I wrote 966 words. 1.5 pages
    I felt that writing over 2 pages was a little too much. One of my friends got in and wrote only 1 page.
    1 side of A4.

Got offer and GSS.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone who got an offer. Is it a bit late for me to be putting an applicaiton in now? I guess the odds of getting an offer are even smaller!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's too late. Anyway, you should just apply no matter what. Otherwise you will definitely not get an offer.

All the best~

ReputationRep:
    You should apply! Many people who already got offers might turn them down in favor of other programmes. Btw, as far as I can tell no programmes are closed for applications: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/gra...mes2009-10.htm

ReputationRep:
    First time to leave a message, see what it looks. LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys im applying for the International relations masters but i wont get my application all together and sent off till the end of next week, is this ok? I thought the deadline was the end of January, right?

ReputationRep:
    It's rolling admissions. You can apply up until the website states the programme is full.

ReputationRep:
    i applied for msc finance, submitted the application around 12th dec...waiting anxiously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonesandskulls)
    i applied for msc finance, submitted the application around 12th dec...waiting anxiously
    This is one of the hardest courses to get in, good luck with it!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had trouble with the references? Both of mine had real trouble getting the login email - it didn't make it through their junk filter or perhaps never was sent properly. I had to register one 3 times before it worked and the other is still lost out there, otherwise i would have submitted my app already!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone who got an offer confirm if they (LSE) send another e-mail once the status of an application is changed online?

It will make the lives of those of us waiting for a reply a lot easier (so that we don't have to log on to the LSE website every few hours, every day!)
    thanx a bunch in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, fellow LSE applicant here! Sent in my LLM application 2 weeks ago and they just told me they have only forwarded it to the admission tutors today lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gkipo)
    Can someone who got an offer confirm if they (LSE) send another e-mail once the status of an application is changed online?

It will make the lives of those of us waiting for a reply a lot easier (so that we don't have to log on to the LSE website every few hours, every day!)
    thanx a bunch in advance!
    I got an unconditional offer for the Msc global politics in December, but never got an email. LSE doesn't seem to email to inform applicants of the outcome...at least not if they get an offer, I don't know about rejections But yeah, the three days of constant page refreshing was pure torture...

Good luck to everyone still waiting for an answer !!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm has anyone got any news about MSc Acc+Fin, MSc Fin, MSc Finance & Economics?

ReputationRep:
    Thanx for the reply, my status just changed to " A decision has been made..." . No email message, indeed, for the change. These are gonna be two rough days coming up...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.