Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clomipramine)
    But for those who were accepted with less than 2:1, were they less than 2:1 when they applied or they were at 2:1 but somehow didn't manage to meet the condition of 2:1 and still got in after appealing or other means?

Just curious.
    I am pretty sure he meant the former... I guess if your GMAT/GRE scores were amazingly high, they might be willing to look past a 2:2...

ReputationRep:
    anyone applying for Human Rights program??

ReputationRep:
    I had the Human Rights program down as second choice but I deleted it I submitted my application online today and sent my transcript and reference letters in the mail. I don't expect a result for awhile but I'm glad it's submitted and I can relax about it - finally!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone. Does anyone know what happens if you accept the offer and then reject it later. It's just that I have not heard back from the organization where I applied for a scholarship and I still need to talk to several banks concerning student loans. I might have to reject my offer later if I am unable to afford the programme.
    So, do you have to pay a fee if you reject after accepting?
    Also, do you know the same thing with UCL?
    Thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    MPA-please: You already got your offer pack?

ReputationRep:
    MPA-please: You already got your offer pack?
    No, not yet. I just got the offer on the online tracking system.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

Hope you get the financial aid as well.

What I think is that if they ask you for a deposit and you pay that, you'll forfeit that deposit if you decide not to go to the school later. But I really have no idea when they will ask for that deposit or how much it is though.

If anyone knows please enlighten us. :P

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

didn't :-( Now hoping for a scholarship in my home country... but thanks anyway ;-)

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

What I think is that if they ask you for a deposit and you pay that, you'll forfeit that deposit if you decide not to go to the school later. But I really have no idea when they will ask for that deposit or how much it is though.

If anyone knows please enlighten us. :P
    £500 IIRC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown demon)
    £500 IIRC.
    and you do not get that money back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown demon)
    £500 IIRC.
    Dayymn... that's cheap compared to Cass's £2,000.

ReputationRep:
    I just received my offer pack from LSE and it said nothing about a deposit I might need to pay in order to accept the offer. Still, I am not very sure what would happen if I were to accept it now and not actually register (As my situation is pretty much the same as MPA's - I'm waiting for schorlarship answers). On the other hand, it does say that they are expecting an answer within 6 weeks BUT your offer will not be withdrawn if they don't get it in this time frame and you should reply as soon as possible.

I'd suspect the best solution is to simply write an email and ask what to do. I'm planning on doing that at some point.

ReputationRep:
    How long was it roughly since you applied until you received the response?

ReputationRep:
    From what I remember, only the people who have deferred a year have to pay a deposit by the end of January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxzara)
    How long was it roughly since you applied until you received the response?
    You mean until I get the offer?

For me it's 7 weeks exactly, but I applied in early November, so maybe it was faster then.

ReputationRep:
    That's not too bad, that would mean I have about a couple of weeks prior to finding out my fate.

Are there any Economics & Finance Applicants here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmymagic07)
    From what I remember, only the people who have deferred a year have to pay a deposit by the end of January.
    And do you know if yo have to pay a fee if you decline your offer after having accepted it (because you were unable to secure the money to pay for LSE and London after all)?

ReputationRep:
    The LSE offer is not withdrawn if the holder has not responded to it within 6 weeks. So I do not think there is need to worry about accepting the offer and having to pay a deposit. Just wait until you are certain that you'll go there, and then accept it.

Personally, I will do this. I am still waiting to hear from Edinburgh for their accelerated LLB program. If I do not get in, then I will accept the LSE's offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fares)
    The LSE offer is not withdrawn if the holder has not responded to it within 6 weeks. So I do not think there is need to worry about accepting the offer and having to pay a deposit. Just wait until you are certain that you'll go there, and then accept it.

Personally, I will do this. I am still waiting to hear from Edinburgh for their accelerated LLB program. If I do not get in, then I will accept the LSE's offer.
    May I know where did you get this from?

Edited: Ooops just saw it it's in the offer pack. My bad.

ReputationRep:
    Just got this for my MSc Acc+Fin, app received 10 Nov

"A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods. No further information is available until all checks have been completed, and the decision will be posted here first."

Ok... now the scary wait....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.