Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sijia, I have a question. Does LSE require to upload CV on application process? I wanted to upload my CV since I could not cover all the related experiences that I've done in the SOP, but I couldn't find where to upload it.

ReputationRep:
    I just got a conditional offer for Msc Management and Strategy (submitted my app on Dec 8th and my status was changed to "a decision has been made.." on Jan 7th)

ReputationRep:
    ah thanks for the info multiplexed. I submitted some additional information and I wasn't sure if it was due to that or an administrative error. Who knows - but i'm pleased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eun7117)
    Sijia, I have a question. Does LSE require to update CV on application process? I wanted to upload my CV since I could not cover all the related experiences that I've done in the SOP, but I couldn't find where to upload it.
    AH, sorry. I just realised, LSE doesn't actually request a CV. However, I don't know if they would penalise you if you just uploaded it along with your transcripts? There's 3 transcripts that you can upload, but for ppl like me that don't need all 3, there's extra spaces left over...

ReputationRep:
    They are not going to penalize you for submitting your resume, although they might not look at it.

ReputationRep:
    I think they'll look at it if you upload it. It's just a question of how much weight it will carry.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it, I have no idea even why you're thinking of doing that.

Just give them what they want and be patient and wait.

ReputationRep:
    Then if I have any related work experiences, where should I indicate it? For example I've done three related projects ? I want to write things in specific details, but I couldn't find place to write my experiences except on SOP. SOP space is too small to show what I've done

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned my relevant work experiences in one para within the SoP, then submitted my CV which had everything.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard from LSE on the MSc IR yet?

ReputationRep:
    There is a section in the LSE application that asks you to include any previous employment. I put a list of my work experiences in there.

ReputationRep:
    I hated it when they asked me to put down the addresses of the places of my previous employment. I had to google so many places.

I am really sick of filling in application forms now. I wonder how people can apply to 20+ schools...

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    I'm in the process of applying to the MSc IR programme and possibly to the MSc in Global Politics as well. I know I probably should have applied much earlier but what do you think my chances of getting in are? Here's my info:

GPA: 3.67 (cumulative)
    GPA: 3.9 (in the major - International Studies)
    I attended a decent liberal arts college in the US.
    I have some work experience in the field of journalism.
    I'm expecting stellar recommendations and I'm also trying to write a really good personal statement

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by breathe919)
    Hello everyone,
    I'm in the process of applying to the MSc IR programme and possibly to the MSc in Global Politics as well. I know I probably should have applied much earlier but what do you think my chances of getting in are? Here's my info:

I'm expecting stellar recommendations and I'm also trying to write a really good personal statement

Thanks for your help!
    You'll get in, as long as you can pay the extortionate, bordering on the disgusting, tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eun7117)
    Then if I have any related work experiences, where should I indicate it? For example I've done three related projects ? I want to write things in specific details, but I couldn't find place to write my experiences except on SOP. SOP space is too small to show what I've done
    You can put them down on the employment section and elaborate on them in the SoP. My god, the SoP space is anything but small! Compared to other universities like Oxbridge which limit theirs to a page or 300 words, the LSE's is so much more generous with a 1500 word limit!Besides you are supposed to keep them concise and straight to the point anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonassis)
    Anybody heard from LSE on the MSc IR yet?
    This is my first post, by the way, so hello everyone.

I applied to the LSE for an MSc in IR (First Choice) and History and Theory of International Relations (Second Choice). I'm in my final year at uni in the UK and my overal mark so far is 69. I'm predicted a First. I received the final email of acknowledgement the second week of Christmas.

I still haven't heard anything from them.:rolleyes:

Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by breathe919)
    Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help!
    I'm in a similar position; I think we have a decent shot But I didn't see any place to put GPA in major specifically on the LSE application. In fact, I had a lot of trouble with the online application. Sections would disappear and not reappear until the final overview; I didn't see a job history section until I was trying to submit the application and looked over the form and realized I had left an entire section blank (and I have work experience). It also took me to the end to figure out how to upload transcripts and I ended up mailing them with my letters of recommendation. Really strange. Did this happen to anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    No. The online application process went rather smoothly in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    I found the online application for LSE to be a breeze. For some comparative analysis try using Cambridge's online form, it is so bad that I decided not to apply in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with above. I'm so glad to be done with CamSIS now. Would have given up applying if I didn't have such a strong desire to apply to Cambridge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.