Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Exactly two months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karat)
    Got a conditional offer! No funding though, so I guess it is not going to happen.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Is that definite? Can you not see if you can raise the money somehow?

What programme did you apply for? And how much did you tell them you needed in order to be able to take up an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karat)
    Got a conditional offer! No funding though, so I guess it is not going to happen.
    woo well done! Can i ask what the conditions are? Also it seems such a shame if you cant take it because of funding cant you do it part time and work at the same time? Best of luck anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I told them 10000. Ah well, bad luck.
    The condition is a first. Part-time work, I am not sure I can make that much while studying effectively.

ReputationRep:
    just got unconditional for msc Global media and communication dual degree lse-usc. I guess the 'decision has been made' message positively means you'll get in. I havent heard of anyone being rejected after that all those who are waiting good luck am way too dizzy to even type! Smiles thanks for the support everyone

ReputationRep:
    I've received a conditional offer (subject to a 2:i) but no funding, which really complicates things.

I asked for £15000 (I know, I was really pushing it)

ReputationRep:
    I've seen that some on this thread have asked for quite a lot from GSS(10-15+), and not getting anything.
    Do you think that you didn't get anything because you asked for too much? Also, what was your assessed shortfall on the application?

I had about 4000 in shortfall, asked for 6000, and got 3300. (Really happy for that - makes the LSE alternative even more attractive)

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is the standard rejection clause for the GSS? Or does it mean I'm still on some kind of waiting list for the GSS?? Probably not?

"We regret to inform you that you have not been given a Graduate Support Scheme (GSS) Award. Unfortunately, our funds are limited and we are unable to assist as many candidates as we would like. Your data will be held on file and used to consider you for any other awards offered by the School for which you are eligible. Your GSS application can only be re-considered in the event that your circumstances have changed since submission and you are able to provide additional information to support this.
    There is more information about the awards available from LSE on the Financial Support website. If you are successful in obtaining another LSE award, we will notify you in writing by the end of July 2009 at the latest."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leviathan1)
    I've received a conditional offer (subject to a 2:i) but no funding, which really complicates things.

I asked for £15000 (I know, I was really pushing it)

Congrats bud, I got my offer today too! Hopefully see you there

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anybody ever received a status update Friday eve or on the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    Exams have stopped me from checking the status so often and made me care less about getting it, great success/unsuccess!

ReputationRep:
    Newbie here!

1st choice: Media and Communications
    2nd choice: Culture and Society

I applied on January 8th and got my student number yesturday. Is that unusually fast or did everyone receive their 4th e-mail that quickly?

Has anyone else applied to either of these programs? Accepted? Rejected?

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth do people ask for such exorbant figures if it is clear they will not ever award such an amount. I'm sure I've seen the minimum as £3,000 and maximum as £10,000.

Seeing people ask for £25,000 ~ etc is clearly asking for too much. £10,000 is reasonable depending on what your parental income is, since thats your main port of call before you consider loans etc.

ReputationRep:
    It also depends on what on earth your putting in the personal statement? If some of you are spinning alot of **** to just get money it won't cut with the LSE.

ReputationRep:
    I had applied and got rejected from Media & Communications/Politics & Communications, probably because of my lack of work experience. I decided to look around at other LSE options because there were a few that I found interesting and decided to apply to the MSc in Global History. Today I got the a decision has been made message and going by what has happened on TSR it means that I have gotten in!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisan)
    I had applied and got rejected from Media & Communications/Politics & Communications, probably because of my lack of work experience. I decided to look around at other LSE options because there were a few that I found interesting and decided to apply to the MSc in Global History. Today I got the a decision has been made message and going by what has happened on TSR it means that I have gotten in!!!
    Hey, does that mean you reinstated your application? How long did it take from that moment to the message you received today? Did you submit new references or just a new personal statement?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by degree-hunter)
    Hey, does that mean you reinstated your application? How long did it take from that moment to the message you received today? Did you submit new references or just a new personal statement?
    I had to repay the application fee and I did submit a new personal statement, but my references were held from the old application. I got conformation of the new application before the admissions office closed for the holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisan)

How long did it take M & C to get back to you? I imagine not as long as other programs since it isn't as popular. I could be wrong though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HK87)
    How long did it take M & C to get back to you? I imagine not as long as other programs since it isn't as popular. I could be wrong though...
    It took about 6 weeks to hear from M &C.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a facebook group yet for LSE graduate 2009/10?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.