The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've applied to Finance and Economics last Friday.

Just for personal information, how is the application process done? Do you need to interview?
Also what are your profiles with regards to GMAT/Uni?
I just want to see what chance I have of receiving an offer. I'm at Durham, doing an Economics degree expected First, with 710 GMAT (95% quantitive, 88% verbal)
I applied for ADMIS last year and deferred, now awaiting GSS results before deciding whether to take up the place. Actually the decision will be made by the GSS result!

Anyone heard from the GSS team? I think they said it will take around 4 weeks according to the site, I must be one of the first "batch" of people to have applied for it, considering I am a defferal. Should find out around Christmas time :biggrin:
Rejected for MSc Statistics. Oh well/.
Reply 23
Oh :-( Any plan B?

I'm quite surprised they've made decision already...
Reply 24
Jonathan,

When was the decision on your application made? And when was your application sent to the department for consideration? I am surprised that they made a decision already.

Good luck in your future attempts,
Hey my application was submitted to the department for consideration on Nov 12 as well , But I haven't still heard from them yet :confused:
nope
Reply 27
There is a thread in this forum started by the applicants of 2008-2009. After reading it, it seems to me that the date of final decisions varies greatly depending on the applicants and their choice of programs (e.g. there were people who were accepted after three-four weeks while others waited for three months for a decision to be made !).
Reply 28
Guys it would be really helpful if you could provide info about yourself please, like GMAT scores and uni degrees?
Reply 29
As far as I know there are no interviews. It's all about degree, statement and references I guess (plus Toefl and work experience in my case :-/).

Don't want to be rude, but how does it help if you know my scores if we're applying for completely different degrees? I don't even need a GMAT ;-)
Reply 30
lisan
I applied for:
1. Media & Communications
2. Politics & Communications

Rejected for both :frown:
For reference I have a 3.71 GPA from the US.
Reply 31
lisan

That's a first, isn't it? I know I said that before but I am soooo surprised that LSE is giving out rejections already. And I'm even more surprised that you were rejected that early with such a grade!

When did you send your application? Where did you study for your undergraduate (if I'm asking for too much information I'm sorry, just wondering....)?
Does everyone think it would be beneficial to state:

1. Uni
2. Grade (predicted)
3. Time - from application received at LSE to response (be it offer/rejection)
4. Any other information relevant to the application.

Dont you think this would help us all get a somewhat 'better' picture of what LSE may base offers on?
Reply 33
^^ Definitely agree
unknown demon
Does everyone think it would be beneficial to state:

1. Uni
2. Grade (predicted)
3. Time - from application received at LSE to response (be it offer/rejection)
4. Any other information relevant to the application.

Dont you think this would help us all get a somewhat 'better' picture of what LSE may base offers on?

Hi All,

If its any help:

1. Univesity of Leeds (History)
2. 2:1 (62)
2. My application was downloaded on 11/25 - no response yet
4. Applied for MsC History of Nationalism
Reply 35
Hi,

1. McMaster University (Canada)
2- 3.9/4 (current)
3- My application was sent to the department for consideration on 10th November.
4- Program applied to: MSc International Political Economy.
Reply 36
lisan

Professional experience counts in the admission into these programs. So, do you have good professional experience?

Fares
Well I had a first too and was rejected. My guess is that maybe they do not see me as numerical enough to do it?I mean I am doing a BA that may be why...

My app was sent off on the 9th of November.
Reply 38
Haven't finished my app yet, still waiting on a reference :frown:
But my choice would be:
1. MSc Finance
2. MSc F&E

740 Gmat (95Q90V); 3.90 current GPA. Completing 2nd year of MBA (finance) in Canada. A bit of an unorthodox background in that I'm doing my MBA straight after undergrad (as a career changer), which was a first class honours in health sciences.
Reply 39
greenback8
), which was a first class honours in health sciences.

Then, did you go to McMaster?

Where are you pursuing your MBA at?

good luck?

Latest

Trending

Trending