Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multiplexed)
    References as well I presume.

It seems the admission criteria is not as academic as I perceived it to be before I applied on the basis of people getting offers here. But then again, there's not that many of us here that have applied to quantitative degrees where they might place more emphasis on academic criteria?
    Was talking about things within your control sorry should've contextualised the post.

ReputationRep:
    First of all good luck for all your applications

Does anyone know how long you gotta wait for the LSE tracking number? ( I see myself checking LSE for you every day once I get it LOL)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just received a GSS award that allows me to take up my place at LSE, all things going well, touch wood etc.

I would argue you do have _some_ control over references, particularly as you chose them! I went for the more experience lecturers, those who had actually studied at UoL in some way also, which I thought _might_ work in my favour. Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Got placed on the dreaded waiting list for the LLM today, oh man! Anyone applying to the LLM heard back anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone :-) I just got back from my last vacation for the next YEARS (LSE will ruin me financially! ;-) ) and read an Email of LSE telling me that something was wrong with my address. They will send the offer pack AGAIN... I was sooo looking forward to opening the pack :-( Seems like I wil have to wait another month for that. Anybody else received an offer for an MPA stream?
    Best of luck to all of you still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for the MSc in Economics. Ecstatic beyond belief. Just have to get that first class degree now...

ReputationRep:
    my status has just changed to A decision has been made Lemontree, how long did it take for them to update your status i applied for MSc Econ as well!

ReputationRep:
    only about 6 hours!

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer as well for MSc Econ, no GSS...feeling so sad right now might not be able to afford this course...

ReputationRep:
    OH my goodness i have an Offer!!! :-D

ReputationRep:
    Yay for all of you guys! Can you tell us the timing too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSE-or-Broke)
    Yay for all of you guys! Can you tell us the timing too?
    I submitted my application in late Nov, but it was not completed until 9th Dec I think so it's been exactly 6 weeks ( excluding Xmas holidays) that I got that infamous "A decision has been made..." and probably 12 hours later I got my offer.

Goodluck to you, I should change my name to LSE and Broke, they didn't give me a penny :mad:

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i got an offer today for MSc Econ, i think they must have made a mistake thos cos i only got 68% in year 2 of my southampton BSc Econ course. But what the hell, an offer's an offer.

I sent application in early December. GL to you all

ReputationRep:
    Congrats for all of you who've received offers

Join in our facebook community :party:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...gid=4932281567

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49322815676

This is the one guys... sorry! London School of Economics facebook group 2009-2010

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had to deal with the graduate admissions department yet?

What a bunch of useless morons these people are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmymagic07)
    Has anyone had to deal with the graduate admissions department yet?

What a bunch of useless morons these people are.
    What happened???

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for the MSc Finance (Full-Time) yesterday!

Anyone else applied to this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rodrigoma1)
    Got an offer for the MSc Finance (Full-Time) yesterday!

Anyone else applied to this course?
    stats?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bayvet)
    stats?

Graduated from top tier univ in Brazil, 80% avg (top 5-10%), 1yr internship + 1yr full time work exp as a Fixed Income Trader, GMAT 760 (Q49, V46)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.