Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya there!

I jus received my offer letter... i still can't believe it exactly 28 days after the offer was made online! i almost thought it wasnt going to come. i even wrote to them saying that i havent received it!!! now how do i tell them i already have it and dont need a second acceptance packet?

And everyone else with offers... join the facebook lse graduate school 2009-2010 group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=49322815676

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nobody88)
    Undergrad: UCL Engineering 1st class 71% (3rd year)
    GRE : 800 Quant, 500V AWA: 5
    Toefl Ibt: 117/120
    Standard SoP
    2 Banking internships...

Basically, that's about it, anyone wanna tell me what they think my chances are...
    That sounds really good, but remember that your references and personal statement are really important as well (at least in my course). The grades are not all of it, but you've certainly got that part covered i think.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know the approx accepted/applicants for the MSc Economics course.

ReputationRep:
    From the LSE website:

Intake/applications in 2007: 132/1,052

ReputationRep:
    ok cheers Broke, you at LSE currently, if so please see my accomodation thread

ReputationRep:
    From the information im gathering i get the feeling that offers have been made to uk student only for the MSc in Economics at the moment ?

ReputationRep:
    very possible, i believe they have quotas for each course/demographic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrhillier)
    ok cheers Broke, you at LSE currently, if so please see my accomodation thread
    No, I only just applied a few weeks ago. I probably won't know my fate for another month or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSE-or-Broke)
    No, I only just applied a few weeks ago. I probably won't know my fate for another month or so.

ok well GL

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,
    i got rejected from mgt and eco as i mentioned before in this thread. I have a 80% from a good recognised uni in India and an internship with GOldman Sachs etc. But I got only 700 in my quant in GRE and my 2nd choice is mgt and strategy. I probably should have taken my GRE again! I regret not doing so now. Difficult to get accepted with a 700 right?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys do you know if we can only apply for a second choice when you apply for the first choice? I only applied for one course and was recently rejected, now I want to apply for a second course but dont seem to be able to do it online? I mean after I log in to the application page I can only download the details of my application for the first choice and cant to anything about the second choice... and I read it on the website that you shouldnt register another account for your second choice...what should I do ?
    wrote them an email but still no reply...

ReputationRep:
    I'd advise you to call them on the phone tomorrow. Any answer you guess here would only be guesswork.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

Did anyone else on here apply for the MSc Local Economic Development?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by germaineilya)
    hey guys do you know if we can only apply for a second choice when you apply for the first choice? I only applied for one course and was recently rejected, now I want to apply for a second course but dont seem to be able to do it online? I mean after I log in to the application page I can only download the details of my application for the first choice and cant to anything about the second choice... and I read it on the website that you shouldnt register another account for your second choice...what should I do ?
    wrote them an email but still no reply...
    You can and it is really easy to do.
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/gra...hoicesForm.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shre2711)
    hey guys,
    i got rejected from mgt and eco as i mentioned before in this thread. I have a 80% from a good recognised uni in India and an internship with GOldman Sachs etc. But I got only 700 in my quant in GRE and my 2nd choice is mgt and strategy. I probably should have taken my GRE again! I regret not doing so now. Difficult to get accepted with a 700 right?
    What is the percentile for 700 in quantitative? They said they are looking at the 80th percentile for both verbal and quantitative (at least for courses in the MES group, I think).

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, how long after submission will we get a applicant ID?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, first post here, so be gentile.
    I got the 4th email yesterday (finally). I applied for the MPA European Public and Economic Policy and European Social Policy. Anyone else here applying for either of these?
    I was really wondering what my odds would be. Here are my stats.

• Decent EU Uni (best in my country for what i'm doing, +-100 in the world)
    • Did two full time bachelor degrees at the same time
    • Got a BSc International Business 7.4/10 (7.0 = 2:1)
    • Got a BA Liberal Arts and Sciences (Sociology, Economics, Politics; 8.2/10; 1st, top 10%)
    • Currently doing a MSc International Business, expected 7.3/10
    • Many extracurricular activities
    • Limited work experience (but i am currently a tutor at my home Uni and i am on the Faculty supervisory board)
    • Good reccomendations (this i know)
    • PS was OK, i guess

Any ideas what to expect? Thanks

EDIT: Perhaps less relevant, but still: Fluent in 4 EU languages, got some skill in 3 others. And did two exchange semesters abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Applyhell)
    Guys, first post here, so be gentile.
    I got the 4th email yesterday (finally). I applied for the MPA European Public and Economic Policy and European Social Policy. Anyone else here applying for either of these?
    I was really wondering what my odds would be. Here are my stats.

• Decent EU Uni (best in my country for what i'm doing, +-100 in the world)
    • Did two full time bachelor degrees at the same time
    • Got a BSc International Business 7.4/10 (7.0 = 2:1)
    • Got a BA Liberal Arts and Sciences (Sociology, Economics, Politics; 8.2/10; 1st, top 10%)
    • Currently doing a MSc International Business, expected 7.3/10
    • Many extracurricular activities
    • Limited work experience (but i am currently a tutor at my home Uni and i am on the Faculty supervisory board)
    • Good reccomendations (this i know)
    • PS was OK, i guess

Any ideas what to expect? Thanks

EDIT: Perhaps less relevant, but still: Fluent in 4 EU languages, got some skill in 3 others. And did two exchange semesters abroad.
    I also applied for the MPA (Stream PPM) and was accepted some weeks ok. From my opinion you should be accepted as long as you made clear why you applied for the European stream. That's the only thing I do not see when looking at your profile. Besides that you do sound like a very adequate candidate for the MPA :-) hope to see you in September!

ps. If I understood correctly you study at Maastricht (= location) and I am very sure that LSE knows that that's a very good uni...

ReputationRep:
    Got accepted for MSc. in Operational Research. My offer letter was mailed on January 20th to my home address in Malaysia.

Any offer-holder from South-East Asia who has received his or her offer letter? Wondering the time taken for the mail to reach you.

ReputationRep:
    I just got the famous "a decision has been made" today for philosophy and public policy! Exciting!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.